Monday, September 05, 2005

Bachelor Chow

I'm looking foreward to geting back to .Smith Hall. The regular meals will be nice. Finding food at home can be a challenge sometimes. At Mom's everything in the refrigeraator actually needs to be cooked, so of course there's nothing I can readily eat if Mom isn't home. Lately she and Marty have been on this cooking show high, always in the kitchen making stuff together. It's very strange.....and sweet I suppose. They even grow their own vegetables, and Rocky helps out by fertilizing them.

I actually laughed when I looked in Dads fridge. Nothing but beer, coke, beandip and left over carry-out Chinese (Gee I guess he ate the olod Pizza Already). It would be more funny than sad if he were actually trying to have the quientessintial bachelor refrigerator.

I opened the brown paper sack hoping to find sandwiches from my favorite barbeque place in town but instead a bunch of old chinese food. Yuck.

On the rare occasions that my Dad actually does go shopping he only remembers to get milk and orange juice and forgets everything else. I used to make lists but he would just forget those too.

Now the refirgerator is filled with leftovers, two full gallons of milk (both expired) and two half full gallons of OJ. I was the only one who ever drank milk @ home. Dad only "uses" it for cereal. The only cereal he buys is Cheerios "because it's good for your heart" but then he never eats the Cheerios and, like the milk, it expires. Do you have any idea how long it for cereal to expire? Almost a whole freakin' year!

I guess it's not their fault. Old people don't eat. They have a small sandwich at noon and then they are full for the next two weeks. Damn their slow ass metabolisms. I'm looking foreward to all the snacks in my room and all the great different kinds of food the dormitory serves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate