Sunday, February 01, 2004

Chicken or steak Quesadilla
Yum yum I speak japanese so you like it (this is kind of an inside joke, you may or may not understand)
Today cold winds from Canada made snow fall in north east Kansas. the big white flakes have been falling steadily since this morning. My mom and step-dad made a snow man complete with K-State hat, carrot nose, and Charcoal eyes. (I guess no one, besides me. Plans to bar-b-que in the winter) I wonder what my real father is doing today, probably watching the super bowl My little-step sister helped as long as she could until she got cold and hungry and came in for lunch. I helped her make a sandwich while she picked out what she wanted from the refrigerator. Ham, American cheese, on white bread with a ton of mayonnaise. I thought it was gross, I would have used smoked turkey, Swiss and a little Dijon mustard on whole wheat or French bread; but to eachs own. I don't have much experience with little kids, for 17 years I was always the youngest now it is different. Maybe that is why it surprised me when every time she tried to do something on her own she almost made a mess or injured herself. I was independent at that age, and never had many problems. Most days I could be trusted to left at home with out a babysitter and sometimes I would clean when I was there. When she couldn't get the plastic top off the mayonnaise she tried everything from scissors to the electric turkey carver. YIKES! then when she did, instead of using a regular knife to spread the Mayo on she used a serrated edge steak knife. I asked her about this choice of utensils and she just shrugged. Some how food managed to get everywhere and when she tried to help clean afterwards she just made things worse by spreading the mess everywhere. Sigh, if I have kids I'm not sure how I'll survive the experience. watching her eat made me flash back to when I was her age. How at lunch we used to trade stuff like Capri-sun flavors. How when it snowed outside we would build forts and have snow ball fights and how sometimes TY, Rob and I would play with the Star Wars toys and say they were on the planet Hoth at echo base. later today I'm going to tie Rocky to the red plastic sled and use him as dog sled. After work, I'm studying for a U.S. History test about Industrialization, railroads, and the uses of oil. Think about all the stuff we have in our homes today. I could probably make a lot of it with the right tools and components, but it's difficult to imagine having to wait weeks or months for me to finish my refrigerator or TV. It's great to be able to buy the stuff right from the store or over the internet. Already made by an assembly line of people or some completely automated process. Many cars are made with the assistance of robots now. This was one of my more unusual posts...
"Johnny English, I'm a secret agent"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate