Thursday, July 01, 2004

Go See Spidey



I went to my appointment with the oral surgeon today, but it ended almost as soon as it started. I was in the chair and the assistant was putting electrodes on my chest to monitor my vitals. Then she asked me if I had anything to eat or drink in the last six hours. Before going in to the room I stopped briefly for a drink at the water fountain. She asked me how much I had to drink and I said not much. The problem is if someone has any food or drink prior to being put under they may vomit, and it could go into your lungs and kill you. It was an unlikely possibility, even with the little sip that I had, but it was still possible. That left me with only two options, reschedule the appointment or just do it with the area numbed. Of course I would still feel the initial four injections in my gum need to numb the area first. Of course, I chose to reschedule.

When I got back home around 8:00 I went back to bed and didn’t get up again till 3:30 which is really late even for me. I cleaned my room, ate dinner and later went to the mall to see Spider Man 2.

When I arrived at the theater, all of the showings were sold out except for the 9:50 one, it seemed late but I decided it was worth it and I was right! The movie got rave reviews and I understand why. It was exciting, suspenseful and funny just like the original but I think maybe a cut above, all 127 minutes were spectacular. If a third Spider Man movie is made they will have to work hard to make it better than the second. Awesome special effects like the small sun created by Doc Ock’s fusion and then his four arms. There was one guy who sat in front of me who clapped several times during the movie, I’m not sure if he was some die hard spider man fan or just trying to be obnoxious, probably both. He cheered during the train scene. Once again the audience was treated to views of Kirsten Dunst’s rack, nipples and everything. I wonder if the director is making a point of this, he probably turns on the set’s AC then dumps water on her. The elevator part was funny. If you’re looking for a fun film to see this movie I recommend Spider Man 2 wholeheartedly 10/10.

“Oh yes, thank you dan. Trust no one EXCEPT for us. Zoltan!” – Dude Where’s My Car

"Happy birthday dear Daniel San, happy birth day to you." - The Karate kid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate