Friday, November 19, 2004

Daily Memory Dump; Current Number, Three-Hundred-forty-Seven.

START Today started off decent but like most of my days, and most roller coasters at Worlds of Fun, quickly plummeted downhill. I arrived on time computer mastery, thanks to my rediscovery of the highway. My glasses are still missing and because I didn't have time to put contacts in that meant driving was very risky. Maybe not the most responsible thing to but first things first (School before life? Makes sense to me.). I got an 'A' on my mythology test so that was cool. The second half of Mythology and the first half of Foods 2 were reserved for the all school talent show. When class dismissed we were supposed to go downstairs to the auditorium and watch it. However, you know how I get during school assemblies. I just can't resist the urge to run out to the parking lot, drive to Taco Bell, Johns or Tico and inhale tons of Texican food. I snuck out the back exit on the East side near the Choir room, avoiding teachers as I weasel out of school. I almost got caught by one though. I slowed down to admire this one girl who I thought was hot, but when she turned around I realized it was Phillips mom (weird.) I had forgotten that she worked at the school. Despite this she seemed to busy to notice me, so off I went. I spent the our feeding my face and trying not to get grease on the book I was reading in my car (now that I've put the massaging/heating pad in my car seat I never leave). I was thoroughly enjoying the adventures of Arthur Dent when I glanced at my watch and realized the assembly had ended 15 minutes ago. I had only intended to skip the assembly not class so I bolted to Foods 2. The door was locked, a video was showing and my knocks went unanswered. So I decided to bum around the halls a bit. That's when I bumped into AJ. Yes, AJ, as in the guy who had graduated a year earlier.
AJ: Hey, it's Nathan!
Me: Hey it's Aj. *quizzical look* Do you still go here?
Aj: No. Just hanging out; you?
Me: Yeah. Sometimes.
We started talking and walking with Joshua and suddenly we were in front of his Creative Writing class. Aj decided to sit in with Joshua, just to see if anyone would notice. With nothing better to I decided to join the class as well. The teacher arrived late from a doctor's appointment and there was no substitute so we spent the first ten minutes catching up. Ty and Meg were also in the class. Ty was friendly as usual. Meg smiled at me but didn't say much. God I hate that smile, I spent all of Sophomore year pining over her and just when I thought I'd gotten over her, DAMN! Females, money, and Mexican food. The bane of my existence. At least I've managed to leave weed out of the equation, unlike most of my friends. When Mrs. Vaughn finally noticed Aj and I weren't supposed to be in the class she just said "I see we have some new students!" and as I left she said it was nice having me back. How cool is that? One time I tagged along with Meg to a class and the teacher instantly booted me out into the hall. She's so laid back, that's awesome. I even did the homework she assigned. Joshua red his story about a drug dealer who died leaving unfinished business. It was very good. Jon also read a similar story (he borrowed the idea) it was supposed to be in your natural mode of speech (for most people at this HS that means some extreme slang) but you know Jon, always the professional it was in perfect English. Which was actually refreshing compared to the broken grammar I'm used to hearing. After Foods 2, er Creative Writing I went to lunch. Again. This time instead of eating and reading I just napped in the stairwell. My 7th hour ended 20 minutes earlier because the school need to prepare for the debate tournament. Only those students involved were supposed to stay, so of course, I left. I'm not involved in anything the school does. I went home and enjoyed vegging out in front of the big screen because Liz was too busy cleaning her saddle for a horse show to do anything else. Anyway, that's my day. Every little detail you ever wanted to know, and most that you didn't. END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate