Wednesday, November 17, 2004

This Just In

Went to school, then went home. Not much else to say. I suppose it wasn't too horrible but nothing to celebrate either. Today was my first time back in Computer Mastery after a brief three day hiatus. I'm not really a morning person so most days I casually stroll into calls two or three minutes late then spend the first half hour on Slashdot.com or MSNBC.com before getting to work. Last class I woke up at 8:25 and decided since class is 1&1/2 hours long and it takes 15 minutes to drive there and find a parking space I decided it would make much more sense to sleep in a little longer. So I did. The class before that I had an Orthodontist appointment and well, just didn't feel like going back after that. So when Mrs. Hageyman saw me today she said "Wow! It's been a while since I've seen you." I ignored her, of course. One of those education supervisors (the fat bald one) sat in on our class today which meant Hageyman had to actually help students rather than say "figure it out yourself". Of course, I made the most of this situation.

In Foods II we cooked several breakfast foods, sausage, waffles, hashbrowns, milk, bananas (okay so we didn't cook the last two). I really hate working in a group with all girls. As much as I enjoy staring down their ass cracks and cleavage when they bend over to get pots and pans it's just not worth the suffering I must endure. We have an all male group in the class, the kitchen next to us. Not only does their food always turn out better they delegate task and work like civilized individuals instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off. When they start cooking everyone chooses what they want to do and then they do it. Alternating on the chores everyone really likes or hates. In our group when Mrs. Gaye says start cooking everyone just rushes to the counter and starts grabbing stuff once we finally do get started no one ever sticks with one thing we're constantly swapping places. If I don't move they start to get really irritating and start offering little helpful hints that are either useless, or pretty damn obvious. They must just like to hear themselves talk. For example, The Stupid One said I wasn't wiping the counter fast enough and that I reminded her of this guy at the restaurant where she works. What the fuck? We had plenty of time to clean up and even if we hadn't I would have stayed after to do it. It's because of speed wipers like her, who just give tables a quick one-two, that every time I got to Chili's there is something sticky left on the table. Hey Stupid, what about YOUR job? Shouldn't you be draining that grease off right now? The Bossy One kept complaining that her waffles were burning and since I was the only one with a waffle iron at home I offered my assistance. She just ignored me. I think it's because of that time I said "People with boobs shouldn't be allowed to vote" (This looks really bad out of context but it was appropriate at the time. Okay maybe not appropriate but an amusing quip). Anyway she blamed it on the waffle iron, whined until she got a new one then continued burning the waffles regardless of this change. Anudder thing, The Funny One (gotta give her credit, when she threatened to "vote me off the island for offhanded comments" it was funny) always snatches up the cooking sheet and writes all our names on it. This seems unimportant, I suppose it is and I can't imagine why it would bother me, yet it does! Sophomore year in Foods 1 we just passed the sheet around and everyone wrote their own information down. I preferred it this way. Jeez, imagine trying to perform a delicate task with several mosquitoes buzzing around your head? It's that annoying; plus they are totally crushing my creative freedom. Who cares if I wanted cheese on my potatoes? It's not like I tried it on everyone's, just mine! Cheese is good it would have been tasty! Huff puff okay that's enough. Moving on...

I re-shelved about 50 books today, it was hell because I left my glasses at home and was forced to squint to read the titles and authors on the spines. Also the Freshmen kept pulling out books on Ancient Egypt and leaving them strewn about on tables throughout the library. Those Freshmen *sigh* they're like wild animals. Even the teachers complain about them (Mrs. Hays, Mme Walsh, Ms. Patrick) and after walking into one of their classes I can see why. Those poor, poor, lower class teachers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate