Monday, November 08, 2004

Autopilot

Today was pretty typical. Went to school. Came home. Went to work. Came home. Did homework, went to bed. Rinse and fucking repeat. One highlight of my day (besides the steamy shower before work) was that Halo 2 was out. This sucked because I had hordes of customers and almost didn't get a break. This is also good because I got to try it out for 20 minutes since we had an Xbox set up in the hub, which is our break room. I played the multiplayer vs mode and the regular game. Regrettably I didn't get to try Xbox live but I've reached a verdict anyway. It's good. Really good, but not great. The Graphics and story are excellent, the characters are kind of lame and the game play while exciting has one annoying flaw. When you aim your weapon you have to use an entirely different joystick on the controller. I like it better when you automatically aim in the direction you are firing. Now don't get me wrong, this is a good feature at times for example sniping other players. However, I wish it would automatically return to facing the front when I'm done shooting. It's kinda hard to shoot someone when the top half of your body is pointing in an entirely different direction. As much as I enjoyed this game it's not worth buying an Xbox for. X-mas maybe.

"Hi I'm Amber."
"Nathan. Like the song by 311?"
"No. I hate 311."
*gasp* "Everyone loves 311. Amber is the color of your energyyy!"
"Oooh. Yeah I guess it's ok. That song is kind of old but I heard it for the first time like a month ago"

Old Comments
"Now don't get me wrong, this is a good feature at times for example sniping other players."

I think that is a default that you must have turned off or on.

autocenter is the name of that.

and i have it turned off for Halo one, and i think it is defaulted off for halo two (not so sure about that though)
cube | Email | Homepage | 11.15.04 - 9:52 am | #

oh and i was really close in my presdential perdiction
cube | Email | Homepage | 11.15.04 - 9:52 am | #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate