Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Open Road

Yesterday was the first time I had ever driven from one city to another. I did it alone and at night. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, now I understand why travel books always say the US has such a great interstate system. Everything really is nice and organized.

The only things I didn't like were the gigantic semi trucks that would pass by obscuring my vision and just generally getting in the way.

It's so nice to finally have my car again. Now I can explore a little more of the city and won't be stuck on campus. The last time I ventured out to go to Wal-Mart I didn't realize the buses stopped running at 7:00.

I haven't been this excited about driving since I turned 16.

The only thing that really pissed me off is that I paid $80.00 for a parking permit when it seems the cars that use the Y lot never get towed or ticked even though they don't have one!

4 Comments:

Blogger <3 said...

Well, here in SG, its almost the same... The parking is at eorbitant pricing. ITs like buying another car altogether!

and... why are these people always advertising in the comments section???

10:30 PM  
Blogger Man of Issachar said...

Your first problem is that the big rigs were passing you. That means you are not driving fast enough.

Typically I am faily nice to truckers, since when they are on the road they are at work and you are just driving back and forth. (Note: they are also bigger than you in you car and out).

10:03 AM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

I don't know why these advertisements are here but it's pissing me off.

From now on I'll stay in front of those big motha truckas

6:07 PM  
Blogger Man of Issachar said...

those adverstivsements are blam (blog spam).

turn on the word verferaction in blogger and that should get rid of them.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate