Saturday, April 10, 2004

TE

Today my Mom and I went to Wichita to visit my grandparents and cousins. It’s a two-hour drive there. On the way I wrote my report on the Manhattan project. I always say this but every time I leave home I’m surprised by just how much other cities have. For example there is an actual Krispy Kreme doughnut shop. Not just the kind people haul back here in boxes. So they are warm and there is more than one variety. My Mom and grandma baked a cake. They were hiring too, shit I really need a job but what kind of retard would drive a two-hour commute to serve donuts after school? Not this one (shut up). So anyway it turns out Jade got a scholarship to some college in England, Ox-something? Thanks to some info my aunt sent in. She is tied for first place out of a class of like 700. That really impressed me because I am what you would call a super slacker. I have a 2.5 GPA (It’s actually lower but I have weighted classes) and I’m like right in the middle of our class rank. She also taught me to play some song on the piano. Christopher is really bright too, he probably reads more books than TV shows I watch, I think he has a 3.6. I’ve never been one to think grades were an indication of intelligence but if it’s an indication of effort, obviously I’m dragging my feet. I watched TV with my grandma, I wanted to see some movie on HBO but she kept going on about how great this religious channel was I-something? And how she only watches that and the weather channel. So I gave up and watched it too. I was hoping she would come outside to say good-bye to us when we left but she has some serious agoraphobia and hasn’t left the house in like 7 years. It has been a long time since we visited, I was starting to miss them and even feel guilty. It was a nice trip, one we used to make all the time when I was younger. By the time we finally left for home it was pitch black outside. You never really realize how dark it is when the sun sets until you drive through the country between cities. This is probably where I got my interest in astronomy, when I was a little kid I used to look up and out the window on the way home. Once I think I foolishly tried to count them all. I have my own relatively nice telescope at home now; I know people are surprised I have another hobby besides movies. That’s right guys Nate is an amateur astronomer.

"It's nothing a lawsuit wont cure"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate