Sunday, November 21, 2004

sunday Sunday SUNDAY!

Just woke up from three really strange dreams. They got stranger as time went on. These are the first dreams I can recall in a while because I slept for 14 hours instead of my usual 4. The first was about me and I jogging partner running around what I think was a college campus rolling out yellow police tape. I have no idea what this means, if anything. In the second dream I emerged from a big hole in the side of a mountain where scientist where shooting in some sort of "beam" I came out as some giant version of my self and went to work wreaking havoc on Denver, Colorado. References to this kind of stuff are everywhere. Godzilla (the old one) of course, quick parodies where made on Chappelle's Show and at the beginning of Beavis and Butthead Do America; but I haven't seen any of these for a long, long time. Why my brain chooses now to conjure up these images I can't say. To show you just how completely random your mind can be, my next dream I wasn't even a part of. I was more like and omniscient observer, maybe God. I dreamed that these two alien races were repeatedly trying to kill each other. The first race, which was definitely winning were of an un definable shape. They liked to wear plastic helmets and were really mean. The second species were like short fat people with no legs, they just sort of floated everywhere. The two met face to face, argued a lot then went back to killing and pillaging the others villages. Thankfully I woke up around then because I was starting to get annoyed with all this really freaky shit. So I went from Jogging Guy (possibly a police officer or college student) to Giant Me to Invisible-Not-There-Me. I think I see a pattern, but I also think I might be crazy.

I'm eating popcorn chicken right now, Rocky is outside throwing himself against my door trying to get in. Oh yeah and I just spied something out of place on Monk: There was a diagram of the "North Pole" on the Santa Claus Guy's wall. The picture was of the SOUTH Pole though. You could see the tips of Argentina, South Africa, and new Zealand. The South Pole also clearly showed the Antarctic peninsula. They got it wrong!

Oh yeah, I also have to fix my CD player. While driving home from some extemporaneous gas-wasting errands I noticed a chair at the edge of the curb by Liz's church. There was a pumpkin sitting on the chair and I spontaneously felt the need to smash it. I sped up drove up on the curb as I past it and knocked it out of the char into the street. Then I drove across the grass for a little bit then back onto Fair Lawn. As I was coming down from the curb the CD player just blinked off. My guess is that the bumps knocked some cable somewhere loose but I don't know where. I guess I'll have to take a look at it. Maybe God was punishing me. I guess I shouldn't throw that other pumpkin by the intersection off the highway bridge either. Tempting though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate