Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Alternative Incomes

I really hate my job. I wonder is there is anyone in the world who doesn't? Hate their job, I mean. I requested a transfer from the check out lanes to Geek Squad or Computers (the sections I originally applied for) but my request was denied because the company had already appointed new employees to fill all the new positions. That's bull shit; they should give the employees who have been busting their ass at the store for a year already first choice of new positions. Jen's lame excuse was that they had already begun training, gimmie a break. I saw what their one day of training consisted of, a tour around the store with free 20oz bottles of pop at the end. Hmm, seems rigorous.....I can see why you wouldn't want to have to start over now.

I considered quitting and getting a job at Wal-Mart but let's face it Wal-mart is even more busy than Best Buy, plus the people stink. I'm not saying they are bad employees I'm saying that the customers and employee's literally smell like livestock. I can't remember the last time I went to Wal-Mart (even just a short trip for cheaper candy I could sneak into the movies) when I was not overcome with the overwhelming stench of Mr. McSweaty Man or PWT Pam and her uncleansed vagina in front of me. One cashier, this retarded chick, smelled so bad it nearly floored me. So even if I could get a job a Wal-Mart (unlikely) I would have to face hordes of customers and gross working conditions daily. However, at least I wouldn't have to hear: "This is supposed to Best Buy? I can get two for the same price at Wal-Mart! I'm going over there." like I care.

This girl at WU, has offered to pay me $150 to write her Freshman Composition paper, I'm tempted. Very tempted. I told her I'd think about it but I do have my own work to do. I promised I'd help her on some work tomorrow, but I decided not to charge seeing as how Jackie helped me with some AP Chemistry back at High and I would be screwed if she had asked me to pay up.

I'd prefer Hastings but you have to be 21 to work there and my last three applications got rejected. Reality check is I need the money for the future, specifically surviving college without having to ask stingy Dad or bargain with bitchy mom for money. I need some way that I can survive at least to some degree on my own. This is one of my few, and frankly the best option I have right now. I did learn something from my retail experience though, I really need to go to college. If there was ever any doubt in my mind it's gone now. I could not bear to do this crap the rest of my life, plus I'm materialistic and need more stuff . . . . . And it would be a shame to waste such a great mind on scanning bar codes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate