Friday, March 11, 2005

One Less Assignment

I killed my chemistry book. I was trying to put my stuff in Mom's car so I could work on it while we went to Manhattan but the door was locked so I just left it on top of the car in the luggage rack. Why would anyone lock their car inside the garage? I went inside to get the keys and Mom and I started talking; I decided it would be easier for me to just stay home and do my work.

So she left, a few minutes later while I was looking for my homework I got a call from her and suddenly realized to my horror what had happened. I ran outside and found my notebook lying in the middle of the street with papers blowing away in every direction. I scrambled to pick them up and after a while I think I finally got them all. While I was doing this, an old couple drove by then slowed down, laughed at me, and drove off. I didn't see the license plate so I guess from now on I'll just have to egg every champagne colored Buick I see.

Mom returned later and thankfully she was able to rescue my AP Chem. book which had blown off the car on the highway at about 80 mph, then got ran over by a truck. Despite this, it wasn't in too bad of condition, I spent about an hour super gluing pages back and gluing the over on exactly where it had been torn off (I lived up all the cracks and tears precisely) I used glue because it was less obvious then tape and I was determined to get the $10 back at the end of the year from the school. Everyone said that the glue would leak, the pages would get stuck together and would make things worse but it turned out fine. Glue only does that if you're not careful with it, of course I did get the cap on the tube stuck to my fingernail, but in time it fell off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate