Sunday, May 01, 2005

Fill In

Today was pretty cool. Our French class took a field trip to the Nelson-Atkins museum in Kansas City. There were only odd period classes today because of our high school’s block schedule, and since I’m a senior with most of my requirements for graduation taken care of, I only need have two classes this semester: Advanced Placement Chemistry and French 4 (periods 2 and 4) ergo, I didn’t need to go to school today. However, who would pass up a free trip to Kansas City? So I went. We saw some works of art spanning an impressive number of centuries and countries. They had fascinating artifacts from Ancient Egypt and entire rooms that were cool because you could walk inside them and feel as if you had actually traveled back in time. It was kind of like a 19th century Nebraska Furniture Mart. The museum also had a full suit of armor and some really great oil paintings.

I rode to KC in the red van with Ami (her father drove) and I sat in the back with the annoying guild of Christian-Choir-Girls. The usual pain of riding with the CCC was intensified by the presence of Molly Ringwalds evil twin who is probably the most snide, irritable girl I’ve ever met. And yet, I can’t help but feel a strong sense of sexual tension between us *shrug* what can I say; even the ladies who hate me love me. I guess I’m just that fucking hot.

After our visit to the museum we ate at a really nice bakery called Napoleons something. I had previously never heard of the place but the food was really fantastic so next time I come to KC I’ll have to go back there.

On the way back I decided to ride in the gray bus with the excstudents Hugo et Bruno (Alex) The CCC leader has given them a group name “les garçons méchants”. I don’t know why but they seem to think this is really fitting. I just found it amusing. They are pretty funny too, scared the teacher when she got in the van. They remind me of a European version of Beavis & Butthead, not because they’re stupid (I’ve got no reason to think that) just because they are a dynamic duo that is really funny. I’ll never forget the time we had to name body parts in class and he said pénis. With the é. So technically it was a translated word. I just went with “les dents” aka teeth. It’s easy to remember because of that disgusting hard gum that comes in a foil package: Dentyne Ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate