Monday, May 16, 2005

Now I hate Him Too

Remember that election way back when? Well I'm one of the few in the sate probably in the country who chose to vote outside the box. I voted for Ralph Nader and his running mate Peter Camejo. They were my top choice for a long time. I sat by and listened while Republicans and Democrats tossed insults back and forth. At some point-generally early on-the debates always quickly turned from political disputes to preschool like name-calling. I didn't really like Bush or Kerry. Kerry was my very distant second choice and just below him Bush. So it was difficult for me to feel too much sympathy for either party. (Republicans during such quibbles because they seemed so moronic that they couldn't fight back, and democrats after the elections because they were such pathetic losers). I never really understood why people hated, or loved Bush so much but now I do. I'm not saying I ready to join the Donkey party but Bush is really starting to piss me off. Here's how:
1. The Kyoto protocol, it would have helped protect the environment by cutting back on greenhouse gas emissions. Most industrialized countries went along with it, except for largest producers of them. Guess who?
2. His stance on embryonic stem cell research. The greatest hope for millions of people with incurable diseases is facing set backs because of this. What’s more important the life of a young child who is ill, or a frozen embryo that may never even grow into a baby?
3. His tax plans are hurting the people who can’t afford it, and helping those who don’t need a break
4. He spends our governments budget like a drunken Oprah, his plan for saving the economy isn’t working but for some reason he is still sticking with it.
He supports ClearPlay, in other words blatant censorship

Believe it or not there are a few things I agree with him on though, but I'm not really in the mood to state those know. If I were to make a chart weighing the pros and cons of having him as our president it wouldn't look good for Dubbya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate