Friday, May 06, 2005

Wrapping Up

I've been really busy lately, hence the lack of posts. But I'm happy to say that my hectic schedule is coming to an end. Last weekend I slept through the filming of the senior video so unfortunately I won't be in the montage of photos they show at graduation with music. My first college class is officially over! I passed Freshman Composition, and by passed I mean aced. I was thrilled to discover that I had earned an A in Mr. Byrds class. He was a really great teacher and I think I learned a lot in it. At first I looked at the class only as a requirement that I needed to get out of the way but now I realize how important it will be to future college courses. I'm clad I had composition first. I've enrolled in summer school so after I get back from France I'll have one more class at WU before leaving home. I've decided to take Sociololgy because it's part of the general education program and because I never had the opportunity to take it in high school even though I really wanted to. I took the Advanced Placement French exam last Monday. Hopefully my scores will be high enough to earn college credit for it. The part where we read a short story and answered questions about it was easy an so was the speaking part, unfortunately I always get really nervous on tests. For writing parts, my anxiety makes it difficult but sometimes I can overcome this disadvantage if I try to relax and think slowly. I completely fucked up the oral part though. After I left the counseling center I realized how simple the questions were and had I been less stressed out it would have been easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate