Saturday, October 29, 2005

Yes, I'm Still Alive




I think this is the longest I've gone without a blog entry since I began this nearly three years ago. So I have a lot to make up for; but rather than going back and filling in the blanks as I sometimes do I'll just say a few quick things in a quick list.

Bad Things:
Washed my cool modern cell phone in the washing machine by accident and had to move service over to the old "glowing-brick" I used in high school.
Got locked out of my dorm again.
My car is having trouble starting. The Astros lost, I'm not a big sports fan but Jake is and when you live in close quarters with someone you want them to be in a good mood.

Good Things:
I finally got my refund back from the mall
I answered an exam question correctly that even the TAs didn't get right (won't get in an A in the class but hey find pride where you can)
I'm finally getting my laundry washed after nearly three weeks of growing smelly piles.

Which brings me to the present . . . . . I'm back in T-Town, at Mom's but tomorrow I'll probably head back to campus. I saw Wedding Crashers (FANTASTIC!) at the cheap theater last night. It's amazing how much this city has changed since I left. I remember when 8 was the newest biggest, nicest cinema in town and now it's, well, it's where the cheap movies are. Construction of all the new restaurants on the west side of town has completed including one of my favorites: Old Chicago. It must be really freaky for my parents, when they moved here we didn't even have a mall. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to watch movies, hang out, blog or anything really besides work. It's great to finally have some down time, even if it will be short lived.

I also have some pictures that I will eventually post once I find my USB cable. That's all for now, hopefully this marks the beginning of a new habit: my return to blogging. Maybe I can exchange it for one of my many bad ones.

10:31 UPDATE- Okay, found my USB cable. As you can see dirty laundry has been piling up for.....um I lost count.

"Wow. You must be even lazier than I am." - Jake

Not true, just cheaper. I'm not paying 15 bucks to wash all this when I can do it for free at home. It also saves gas money if Mom picks me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate