Saturday, December 17, 2005

Peace

Yesterday was a busy day for me. Hence no post, here's basically what happened.

Jake has left, he packed up with his bro around 6 AM and began his 13 hour drive back to Houston.

Mom came up and bought some food for me, as well as some Christmas presents for Derrick. She got the food because I plan to spend the weekend at Smith before returning home. The cafeteria is closed during winter break and the weather forecast said it would snow today (they were right) and she wanted to make sure I didn't have to drive in it anymore than necessary.

I helped Rosa, her mom, and her aunt move out and also scavenged all the junk they didn't feel like carting with them: Bed loft, plastic hangars, cactus.

Rosie told me that Odessa didn't join her and Christine for their little party yesterday despite having planned it for weeks. She told me that Odessa had spent the night at some guys house. This came as a shock to me since Odessa told me over the phone that after the party she was heading home, but would call me when she had the chance.

She didn't call. I'm confused, I could have sword she liked me. She asked me out on two unofficial dates, and I always got the feeling she was flirting with me. Though women can hold your hand or cuddle with you in just a friendly way, right? I didn't know. I wasn't sure, so I didn't try to assume much at first. I guess I'll never know now. Last night I saw her with some guys hand on her butt, generally this kind of thing doesn't get a positive reaction but she didn't seem to mind. I didn't pay too much attention to it at the time (I think most of her friends are gay, music major ya know) but I wonder if this was that guy. Maybe she got sick of waiting for me to make a move or something. Even if that is the case, it doesn't make me feel much better.

Not at all.

I spent most of today watching movies or reading. The dormitory is so quiet now with just a few foreign students and RAs here. No Jake watching football, no drunken partiers in the halls. Just me, I'll be heading home tomorrow once they clear the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate