Monday, June 12, 2006

Brian Peppers: A Legend In His Own Time

I'm pissed off. Why? Because for what I know to be the third time in a row Wikipedia has removed the article regarding Brian Peppers from its site.

I'm guessing it's because someone thought it was offensive or inappropriate. That someone, apparently, is a man named Jimbo Wales. You can read all about Jimbo Wales on Wikipedia if you'd like. That's great, except I visited the web site hoping to look up information of Brian Peppers, and instead found the mug shot of this douche bag complete with an uninteresting bio.

This is a complaint. The page featuring Jimbo suggest the contact the help desk regarding this and politely address my inquiry to whatever cronies decide to answer. I think that I will, but at the moment I'm too pissed to communicate in a civilized manor. Later when I'm in the mood to cordially wade my way throw rows of red tape to be told "Sorry wait till February 2007 to see your page briefly before it's removed again."

Fuck you Jimbo. Fuck you and Wikipedia. Let me back up some to explain my position, my anger, and my eventual goal.

A long time ago I discovered a web site called YTMND. For those of you unfamiliar with the site it features various still or moving images accompanied by a continuously looping audio like music or a catch phrase. YTMND stand for You're The Man Now Dog, which was the first 'YTMND' created. It is also probably one of the funniest. The sight features multiple still images of Sean Connery and repeats the now famous (infamous?) phrase "You're the man now dog!" from the movie Finding Forrester. Hilarious? You betcha. YTMND links to several similar pages each featuring a different snippet of pop culture. Half are clever, half are stupid. Almost all funny, but occasionally some are downright offensive. When this happens I'm usually able to just shrug the bad feeling off and move on, but you know what REALLY grinds my gears? Censorship. Some times it feels like it's worse than sexism, worse than racism, worse than the most perverted violent gag you could ever imagine. Its like, how dare you stop me from knowing something? How dare you bar me from access to information (good or bad)? I want to know about it, whatever it is, and I should! It's downright insulting.

There are a series of YTMNDs starring (for lack of better word) a man known as Brian Peppers. Who is this enigmatic icon of the internet? From what I can gather he is a handicapped, and somewhat strange looking fellow who was either been the victim of or perpetrator of some sexual misconduct. Most of the BP pages display him attempting to molest a young girl with ominous music playing in the back ground; but others try to promote his innocence.

All that I know about this guy who has managed to rise to internet stardom without trying is that he is bizarre looking and from Ohio.

If you try to find any other information about Peppers or his story from Wikipedia, a typically helpful site, you will have no luck.

I think I recall Jimbo Wales being available for conferences. I'd like to invite him here so I can kick him in the balls with my steel toed boots.

There. I'm vented, and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate