Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The One Thing I'll Miss

One day when* I leave Topeka for New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, Atlanta, or Austin or whatever big city I choose I think the one thing I will miss is the tranquility. During the day Topeka does not seem all that peaceful, the streets are packed and everyone is so busy you almost forget what a small town it is.

But at night it's so quiet. Even on the busier streets I hardly see any cars ate all. I like to drive at this time. I don't like driving just for the sake of driving though, I'm too organized and environmentally conscience for that. Usually what I'll do is save some errand that I could have done earlier in the day for late nights. Wal-Mart and Dillion's are always open so that's not a problem.

I just find it very soothing to drive down 6th, or Fairlawn, twice as fast as I normally wood with nothing around but street lights, stars, and the music on the radio.

*IF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate