Wednesday, February 18, 2004

BONJOUR FROM FANCE! postcard

Remember that episode of Seinfield when Kramer got an intern, and they went to lunch. . .
Me: They should make a little machine that hooks on to your lock and just spins it around and around until it finds the combination.
Jason: Dude, do you have any idea how many possible combos there are? Like 30 to the 30th power. You'd have to like this huge super computer hooked up to it. If you tried to break into someone's safe and they caught you. They’d just tell the police "Look for the guy dragging a bunch of CPUs behind him on a cart." and once you found the safe you'd have to hope there was a socket near by to plug it in or else you'd need a bunch of extension cords.
Me: You could just use batteries.
Jason: That would eat up batteries really fast.
Me: Well then just add another cart on behind that with a gas generator.
Jason: Fine, but don't use it in an enclosed space.
Me: Well it's 15 'till, better start walking back to keyboarding and see if the door is open.
Jason: Is that why you keep walking away then coming back? You're checking the door and then returning to talk?
Me: Yeah, it's getting close this time. 3rd time 's a charm
Jason: Why don't you just wait in one place until it is 5 till?
Me: cuz that ruins the cycle.
Jason: God, you're obsessive compulsive, you're gonna wear a grove in the hallway's marble floor.
Today Meg and I talked about how we spent our breaks and valentine's day. Me, waiting until the day after until candy was cheap then eating tons of it only to realize 100 chocolates don't make you feel any less lonely. That's why I call it the loneliest day of the year. Meg told me she missed having a boyfriend too, and I said it was better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I don't think she bought that, she told me that she and a girlfriend had gone out to cafe and she bumped into a really "cool and nice guy" who bought them drinks. I asked the guys name and she told me it was Dean, yep that's right. Dean the virgin slayer. Generally when Meg meets really cool guys it’s someone I’ve never heard of but I’m quite familiar with this one. Later they went back to Cid's house, a friend of Deans and watched some sci-fi movie. Of course Meg fell asleep, I don't think she likes those movies. As I was leaving the veranda at end of the day I heard Dean describing the difference between male and female orgasms and then he said v-day had been so cool and that some girl he had met for just 4 hours fell asleep in his lap. He and Weirdy laughed, to make things worse they began talking about Ty. Dean called my friend Ty half-retarded, which came as surprise to me because I thought Ty and Dean were friends. The three of us had known each other for over a decade. But I guess after I moved a few years back some things changed. Ty is probably the only truly nice guy that I know. It may be true that he is not the brightest bulb in the box but I guess I never noticed because it just didn't matter. Ironically Dean, the guy who calls people who used to be his friends "half-retarded", gets the nice guy label. Meg isn't the first girl to tell me how great Duff is and the thing that happens next is always the same, the old wham bam thank you ma’am routine. I was jealous and I’m unsure why, I don’t love Meg. I barely like her as a friend the only reason we hang out is because “pathways become used to certain patterns of sensory inputs, and thus I can miss her should she be absent” (If you actually know who said this you’re a bigger geek than me) I guess it was just the idea that someone I knew was getting some and I wasn’t
I found the music for a fun song and was going to play today when I realized I had lost my guitar pick. Luckily I had just finished a can of mountain dew, so I popped off the metal tab and used that to play. To my astonishment it actually worked well, who doesn't like rooney?
"Et la mer efface sur le sable Les pas des amants désunis." - Autumn Leaves ( Les Feuilles Mortes ); Jaques Prevert
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate