Sunday, February 15, 2004

Rants & Raves of a Non-Raver

Today was just as uneventful as every other day of my life. I wanted to get film so I could start taking pictures for this blog, but my mom is crazy and before she will drive me anywhere I always have to negotiate some bullshit with her. When I had my car and wanted something I just got in, left and got it. No fucking around, that's one of the things I appreciate about my Dad. When he promises to do something he generally does it with out "forgetting" or complaining. I watched three movies today; Philadelphia, Life and Space Balls. Philadelphia was good, it was a sad movie but not as sad I thought it was going to be. I never really felt connected with the character so the fact that he was wasting away didn’t bother me. Sound horrible? It is. Philadelphia was a great movie with great actors and a good theme, especially for the time it came out. But I don't think it was very entertaining. As for Space Balls, the movie was funny but you know how when you were younger you and your friends would joke about certain things and they were hilarious but now when you're older you bring up the subject again and everyone is just like "ha ha, that’s kinda funny". Well that’s how I felt about this movie. The only part I really enjoyed was when they watched the movie of the movie they were in to find out what would happen next. I loved that. Life was great, if you haven’t seen it I strongly recommend this movie. It was about two people who were imprisoned for a murder they did not commit. They get life in prison, I enjoy movies that take place over a long period of time and focus on a particular group of people because it shows how their relationships change (or don’t change) over time. The movie was tragic, given that they spent over 40 years of their life imprisoned, but at least at the end they escaped. If you like this movie you might also enjoy The Shawshank Redemption. Well, that’s all folks. I’m going to go watch Next on CNN, I heard they’re going to talk about TSO.
"We kill time; time buries us." - Joaquim Maria Machado de Assis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate