Thursday, February 19, 2004

Deep Thaw Or Defrost Overnight

The weather is warming back up; most of the snow has melted leaving clear puddles and entire chunks of lawn covered in thick mud. The snowman in front of our house is no more, just one big ball of snow surrounded by mud. It feels great; you can actually wear a t-shirt and feel comfortable outside. In fourth hour Kelly came back, I'm not sure there is an utterance foul enough to describe my dislike for this girl. And the cherry on top? I think she likes me, I think she likes me ALOT. The only thing worse than having atrocious breath and teeth that would make Austin Powers cringe is having atrocious breath and teeth that would make Austin Powers cringe and talking my ear off. If this is what it feels like to be on the receiving end of unwanted affection I offer my sincerest apologies to all the women whom I have ever annoyed. But, at least I have fresh breath and sparkling straight teeth. After she was done bothering the hell out me, spewing BS like "tummy aches are a sign God is trying to tell us we ate too much", she decided to pester my friend CT.

She noticed he was using a five-dollar bill as a bookmark in 1984 and dared him to toss it out an open window. To my surprise, he did. Jobless penny pincher that I am I asked the head custodian to open the doors to the courtyard so that I could retrieve "my homework that someone had thrown out the window as a cruel prank". The courtyard or, pits, are a small grassy area enclosed on all sides by the school walls. In the past students used them for smoking but that has been banned for decades. I retrieved the five and used it to buy a Red Bull from Wal-Greens (heh, did anyone see Red Balls on Chappelle's show last night?).

Speaking of Wal-Greens the developers have found yet another strip of grass not paved over and construction is under way for a new one. I need a job so badly I'm almost tempted to camp out there until it opens like a nerdy Star Wars fan, okay, so like a nerdy me.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step; but watch out for that first step, it's a doozie!" - Chinese Proverb & Groundhog Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate