Thursday, February 05, 2004

Rants and Raves of a Non-Raver: "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln Happy Thursday everyone, today started off pretty shitty, yes it rhymes, because I found out that I had a French homework assignment due that I for some reason forgot about. It was one of those easy ones that you know all the answers to but get zero points anyway because you are forgetful. I would have preferred to have tried and failed! Physics was phun though, we had a ton of problems to do but momentum is perhaps the easiest chapter.

It got better though when I found a "bomb" in a stall in the men's restroom. It was actually just a bunch of paintball CO2 cartridges with wires stuck together with electrical tape. There was a note taped to the toilet that read "This is a bomb. It will explode at noon." Funny stuff, Rudy found it and later reported to security. Meaning that the school-cops and a crowd of curious boys (myself included) paraded down the hall into the bathroom to check it out.

Later that day we had The ROC assembly where STUGO members dressed in their fancy dresses and tuxedos paraded candidates down the aisle of the auditorium and introduced them. I always mused how funny it would be if as one of the chosen female nominees was sitting down the guy would yank the chair out from under her. Or if just a random guy in the audience just walked on stage and took a seat. The expectations of over 2,000 people concentrated on one event can have a powerful mind altering affect on even the most independent of us. I tried to but I could feel their eyes and thoughts boring into me as I approached the stairs to the stage and eventually returned to my seat defeated. When it came time to vote, I honestly didn't know any of them well enough to choose so I just colored in the rectangle that said "DO NOT MARK IN THIS AREA" my teacher seemed annoyed by this.

After the assembly the snow returned with a vengeance, I believe this is what they call a whiteout. The snow fell continuously for hours adding inches to those all ready piled on the ground. When I got home my dad guilt tripped me into shoveling the driveway, I know he doesn't think I do enough around the house. In the process my snow shovel broke in half and I came up with the ingenious (sarcasm can be difficult without tone of voice) idea to just flatten the snow with my car and make a ramp up the drive. I had never driven with snow or ice on the ground before so I had no freakin' idea how hard it would be to get up the hill. I tried everything to free the stuck wheels. In the end a guy pulled up next to me in a rusted truck with a snow plow on the front and offered me help for a price. I recognized the man. He ran the lawn care service for our neighborhood during the not-so-cold months but he probably didn't live in the area himself. He told me that none of my other ideas would work and eventually I would have to just shovel the drive and stop being lazy. I had a replacement shovel in the garage but I really didn't want to spend the next two hours moving snow so I decided to try and take the easy way out. He was right, of course. My old car certainly did not need the stress of trying to get it up the hill. Everytime I depressed the accelerator I could smell something burning. After a while I finally shoveled a narrow path just wide enough for the tires and drove in. To think I used to enjoy snow. . . what's fun about freezing your nuts off (literally the things felt numb) and getting frostbitten hands?





What Planet Are You From?

this quiz was made by The Autist Formerly Known As Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate