Thursday, March 11, 2004

May Cause Harmful Interference

Disaster strikes at 4:00 am, The Medical Condition acts up and making me vomit and leaving me bed ridden for most of second hour. I drove to school myself today since my parents had to go to work and by the time I was ready to roll they were gone. I arrived in time to complete the enrolling process for Senior (12) year and fill out a questionnaire rating faculty performance.

I was too tired to put much thought into it so I just filled out the questionnaire bubbles in two strait rows and handed it in. Activist-Jon and AJ had a bit more fun with it to say the least. After that we just had our typical geek chat about how we had seen certain TV reruns so many times we had memorized the entire script, AJ told Jon about what white noise and how it is created. We joked about the translation of C++ instructions from other languages and how one could go about replacing Earth’s core with a cream filling. I left and spoke with Meg for awhile she mentioned her pre-med courses and then we said good bye and hurried on to our next class.

In Physics we reviewed wave types, mediums and how to find the period, amplitude, frequency and wavelength. All relatively easy. We finished watching the World War I movie in history and to my surprise I nodded off briefly towards the ending. I thought something was wrong with me and actually went to the nurse, I couldn’t remember the last time I had fallen asleep in school so I thought something had to be wrong! As I was leaving Trent told me that I slept through the best part where the soldiers had “gotten lucky” and how he should pretend to be coming back from the war in Iraq if that would help his chances. I had to force a laugh, to be honest I had always sort of suspected he was gay, no particular reason just an asinine hunch. Revolting as it may sound; He’d almost have to be with that painfully cute sister of his, one could easily imagine it being difficult for even family members to keep their mind from straying that way when a girl looks as good as she does. No one has infallible “gaydar” though.

I went to Hastingz and picked up some movies Duplex, Thirteen, Under The Tuscan Sun, Dreamcather, Cowboy Bebop, and a French film L'Auberge Espagnole. (thought I’d put my French skills to the test) Mme Chien was uncharacteristically kind today allowing me to make up the French test on Monday. Hmm maybe it is time I changed her pseudonym???

On a final note, musical note. I am learning several Eagles’ songs on guitar. My teacher complained that his British accent was starting to become more and more Kansan. Not really a problem, we don’t speak with too many strange lilts or draws so it should be a piece of cake for him to switch back next time he is home. I also got to test out a didgeridoo, maybe one day I’ll make my own Australian beer commercial.

“Bowawowoo ahh oowah wah uuHh” - didgeridoo


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate