Sunday, April 11, 2004

Easter Sunday

Easter was easterly. I gnawed on a chocolate bunny for a while than moved on to consume my favorites. The M&Ms that look like robin eggs and taste like Whoppers and the big multi colored marshmallow eggs. Sorry, no Peeps this year. I heard on the radio that they now make enough marshmallow peeps to circle the earth three times. Wow, that's a lot of cheap-glucose-indulgent-birdies! (these long run on descriptions are becoming my trade mark...) When it comes to the religious aspects of my family life my Mother is usually not too pushy. I've never declared my self to be Christian but I guess since my brother and I were brought up Baptist (now our church is Methodist) it is expected. She nagged me about attending about five times starting the night before, and I genuinely intended to go because of guilt. I laid out my very nicest clothes, which consist of khakis a shirt with buttons and a collar on it and the fancy brown shoes I wore will ushering from my school's performance of Earth & Skye. I went to bed early, but woke up late anyway and still felt exhausted. I jumped in the shower and just as I was getting soapy the watered turned freezing. Everyone else had already showered so I guess the hot water was gone. I endured, however, telling my self that if Navy SEALs could endure freezing ocean water in the middle of the night I could take a little cold water from my shower a minute or so. When I got out, I discovered they had already left without me. There was an 11:00 service too that my Mom called and said she would take me to. But she got back at 11:30. Go figure, I guess she thought I didn't want to go and by getting back late that she would avoid having to have any difficult conversations with me. Oh well, no skin off my ass. I had a lot of work to do anyway. Eggs were hidden in the yard and Eloise, joyfully sought them out in her new yellow Easter dress. Personally I thought it was dumb to buy the dress for her, she was just going to pee or make a deuce in it anyway and it would just end up getting tossed out but oh well, I didn't buy it. I worked on homework but took a break around noon to photograph some spring foliage. I talked with my brother Derrick and his friend Kurt on the phone and Kurt said something about how even though I was almost grown he always pictured me as I was when I was a baby, he also mentioned something about work where he broke up gang rivalries the youth center, something about how I was sheltered and not really familiar with the bad parts of town, I can’t really elaborate because I was trying to read TV captions at the time and didn’t pay full attention to the conversation. My step-dad got Easter baskets for all the girls and for me. They included stuffed animals and a DVD as well as the usual grass and candy. I thought this was nice, it had been years since I had gotten an Easter basket. Mine didn't have a rabbit in it and I jokingly said that I wanted one to because they were squeezibly soft. She got me one that night, I guess she didn't realize I was being facetious, or if she did this was her way of continuing the joke. I tired to sleep with it but after I moved from the crib I never slept with stuffed animals I roll around too much. Toss and turn, I was afraid the Mr. Bunny's long limbs and ears might wrap around my neck and strangle me to death in my sleep, so I eventually tossed him out. I made an attempt to read the "good book" from cover to cover again before bed, got halfway though the first part, chapter, book whatever it's called then fell asleep.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - J.C. . . .not Penny's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate