Monday, April 19, 2004

One-Cock-Chewer-Of-A-Day

I arrived at school around 7:59 but I practically flew into the parking space next to Celeste. I was lucky not to go up on to the sidewalk, like the guy next to me. Celeste and I walked briskly to class. On the way we talked about the condition of my car (grrr people just love to bring this one up…) and ironically about missing the field trip that was leaving soon. We were going to Kansas City to see a performance in French. When we got to class, we noticed that the French 2 students were already in there with the Mme Walsh. Okay, so here is where the problem starts I thought the field trip was going to meet in our room then leave from there at 8:15. Either that or in the front foyer, and they weren’t there when I came into the building. Celeste and I went our separate ways, I assumed she was going to her first hour and that everyone would meet back in that class at 9:15. It made sense, that’s when the class actually started so it seemed logical that we would leave at he beginning of our class (2nd hour) and not during 1st (keyboarding). So I went to keyboarding and typed some shitty memo and a short MLA style report. Then I went to my French class only to discover no one was home. Here’s what happened: They were really going to leave at 8:05, but the substitute teacher for Mme Walsh’s 1st hour was a little late so she had to watch her class. She didn’t want everyone just waiting around in the foyer and luckily there was a vacant room next door. So everyone waited in there, instead of the foyer while Mme Walsh waited for the sub to arrive. I saw her teaching the class and assumed we were actually going at 9:15. I sped off to right to go to keyboarding (which I was counted late for), Celeste went left to go to her class. The room everyone was waiting in was to the left of our normal French classroom. Mme Walsh saw me in the doorway while she was waiting fro the sub and marked me down as present with the others waiting for the sub.

So I spent the first 10 minutes of 2nd hour in an empty class reading Paris Match. Turns out it had some pretty interesting articles. Something about Mars, the Passion of the Christ and some tasteful nudie shots. Eventually I decided to take my own field trip, I left and drove downtown to go to Schotskzkys; but they were doing major construction along all streets leading there so no way I could get there. Bummed, I turned and headed back to school. Quiznos was on the same street so there went Plan B. When I finally got back to school I was late for 3rd English too. CURSE YOU TASTY SUBS! (Subway was open but come on, like I’m going to spend my un-earned money there. Tch sorry Jared.)

Next was weight lifting, I didn’t bring my work out clothes because I thought I was going to be going on the field trip. Didn’t go on the field trip. No clothes mean no points. And I quote Charlie Brown, “Auuugh!” Good news next hour though, I got the third lowest test score in Physics. Third! That means two people are dumber and or lazier than me, yes! 7th hour I didn’t do my homework, because of the field trip so I rushed through it at lunch. Turn out I was the ONLY one who did it when it came time to turn the stuff in. Wow, what a lazy-assed class that is, I mean really. A class of 30 and only one does the homework (did it at lunch but oh well, she doesn’t know) tsk tsk. Eight hour went well, learned some interesting stuff about the holocaust. Big-Gay-Jay called the Nazis “meanie-wenies” wow. I’m not saying I would argue but it just seemed strange, anyway I learned quite a bit when I could hear; and that was in-between the baseball-buffoons snoring behind me.

I went home, the reason I tried so badly to get some fast food second hour is because when I feel bad it is about the only thing that cheers me up (Hey, the Simpsons isn't on at 9:15 am). Craig told me in weight lifting that if he had missed the trip he would have walked home crying. Well this is my solution. So I stop at Sonic on the way home. Corndog Wacky Pack and a blended root bear float, looks good until my cupholder-less car lurches forward and I spill everything in my lap. *sigh* Oh well, there are worse white substances one could have on their pants besides vanilla ice cream.

"Practice is the best of all instuctors." - Publilius Syrus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate