Tuesday, April 13, 2004

uUUhhHHHhh?

Mundane as usually, that is how I would describe today. Just when it was starting to get warm out the temperature drops again and I find that I can not be outside with a short sleeved shirt on without starting to shiver. I’m not sure what’s with the weather around here. A few days ago it was actually starting to get warm and now this. It’s as if the weather in Kansas is bipolar. I feel asleep early the night before and so when I woke up I actually beat my dad getting ready for work. This is rare because he gets up almost prior to dawn. It’s an old people thing, fall asleep after dinner then wake up at 4:30. I swear it’s like a rite of passage. It’s also sad because I used to think it was strange that my grandpa did this and now he was. I got to school and went to keyboarding as usual. She normally has us make a table, letter, spreadsheet and report. Then randomly picks one of them and asks us to turn it in. Generally I do one of them and it turns out to be the one she has requested. Then with the rest of the time I have left I surf the net or respond to my e-mail (It’s against the rules to use applications besides those specified in the syllabus but I make my own rules). I thought I had figured out her assignment selection method, thought I knew how her mind worked. Today, however, I was wrong. She walked by my computer and saw me entering career interest profile information and told me that after we had finished the four tasks then and only then could we fill out this info. That, or work on extra credit; I lied and told her that I had finished all the work and she said ok. Towards the end of the class she announced that she was going to take the assignment that I hadn’t done. So I began to hurriedly type it. When she walked by my computer and saw me typing this happened.
Ms. Bonner: “Nathan, I thought you said you had finished all the work.” *grinning because she has suspected I had been doing this for sometime and thinks she has finally caught me*
Mr. Bonner: “Oh, nevermind. I see you’re working on extra credit, sorry!”
Me: “Yep.”
Was I working on extra credit? Of course not, I was doing the assignment she requested. However the assignment and the extra credit looked similar. To make Ms. Bonner believe I was working on extra credit all I had to do was change the heading to say “Extra Credit” instead of “Report40B5”. HA ha what a dumb fuck! I turned the assignment in on time and got I back with 100%. After first hour there was a tornado drill so we all walked into the hallways and stood along the walls were there no windows. Then the bell rang signaling the end of the drill and the begging of class so I moved on to French 3. We took a test over a French story we read and I’m sorry to say I didn’t do so great 65%. English went well, it usually does. We got our work back and I think I was the only one in the class who got an A so that was cool. Martinez, the guy who sits behind me is funny. Somehow we started talking about birthdays and I told him that for my 18th I wanted to go to Babie Dollz Unfortunately he told me that for Babie Dollz and Wild Cherry you now had to be 21. He said that before they changed the age requirements he went and it was cool because a stripper tuck a dollar out of his mouth with her butt cheeks. As if having someone’s a-hole near your mouth isn’t filthy enough...just think of wear that dollar has been; besides the stripper’s ass I mean, so many dirty hands must have touched it! And what is a guy 18+ doing in Junior English. *looks back and sees he has gone to sleep again* AH. That is why. Cassie told me that she wanted to have her 18th birthday in a hotel. Why would anyone want to have their birthday in a hotel room I mean, no ball pits or big rats or anything, jeez. I answered some questions on a Robert Frost poem then left again, this time for Weight Training. Okay not really, I skipped and to my horror ran into Meg. I talked briefly to her and she teased me about always skipping that hour. She wondered if it was because I afraid of getting dressed in front of the other boys, sorry, “boooys”. No, that’s not the reason. The reason is because it is close to lunch and skipping that hour makes it seems like I have an extra long lunch. Jason and I talked about Halo during lunch and Dune which he says was a much better book than movie. Books are usually better than in the movie and in the case of frank’s Dune it had better be. That movie was boring for the most part. When I got home I discovered one of the Bradford Pear trees in my backyard had been cut down. A shame, I helped my Dad plant that tree, he did most of the work though seeing as how I was a little kid at the time. It’s ok thought, there is another almost identical one near by.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate