Friday, April 23, 2004

Unrest and Uncertainty

Today seemed to pass quickly, and since it is Friday you don’t understand how grateful for that I am. I left my cars headlights on during first hour but somebody took the pass yesterday, decided not to make a getaway and was not kind enough to return it. That meant no pass for our class, most teachers would still allow students to go to the bathroom etc. but Mrs. Bonner is and OCD bitch and won’t allow anyone to leave class without following “proper procedure”. If I had a penny for every time I wanted to punch her in her wrinkled old face, I could pay Bill Gates to bring me my coffee. Really, the things I’ve mentioned in my posts really don’t do her bitchiness justice, as Dean would say “you had to be there”. So of course I sneaked out to turn them off before my battery died. I get to school pretty late which means I have to park far from the building, by the time I got back to class. It was time to hand in our tables and reports and I had only finished a third of mine. Lucky for me Brendan finished keying his, and after he printed he switched my name with his and printed a second copy that I could turn in; I owe him one.

In English we watched Stand By Me, I’m pretty sure this isn’t related to any sort of assignment. Mrs. Harris just happened to have the tape on her shelf so popped it in to occupy time. She wasn’t even here today, probably getting more surgery, or maybe she just didn’t feel like coming. I haven’t seen a movie in a long time, if it wasn’t for school I’d probably start to feel withdrawal. Rather than going to weight lifting we attended a seminar on bullying and sexual harassment. In creative writing we looked at old year books and played with the teachers new puppy. My school schedule has gone insane, half of my classes are mind numbingly easy and the other half are so difficult each assignment is punishment. I was lucky to have only easy classes today, I’ll need the down time to do work for my hard classes come Monday. Teachers, like students seem to have chosen one of two paths, either they are going to press on even harder or just give up completely. I’m not sure where I stand in regards to this but probably somewhere in the middle which is obvious when you take a took at my astoundingly average grades.

Went job hunting again today, Jason got lucky, I didn’t. I’m starting to become annoyed by this. Jason said he would put in a good word for me but his store location is really inconvenient for me. Plus I’ve heard that before, it doesn’t matter how much sunshine the underlings pump up a mangers skirt about someone. In the end it just comes down to the manager and if he or she is an asshole *COUGHtombafferCOUGH* there’s really nothing you can do about that. I don't know if I'll ever get a job, I almost wonder if my refrences are saying bad things about me. I've been told before that I don't work well with others and that I come across as arrogant but I'm not sure I believe this. I'm so desparate that I would take nearly any job I could get, perhaps If I moved to Mexico and then snuck back into the US I'd have better luck finding work. Or maybe if I was some middle-aged a-hole with a college degree who decided to flip burgers at McDonalds just to make some cash on the side! Hopefully I can find something before summer but I just don't know. Can you tell I'm pissed off?

"Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned." - Milton Friedman
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate