Thursday, May 06, 2004

Success

Who here has seen Freddie Got Fingered. It's a horrible movie according to most people, even Tom Green fans; but I liked it. Why? I think because it's something I strongly related to. As a some what immature guy who is always being told by his parents to get off his ass and get a job like his brother. I applied for so many jobs I've lost count, my parents filled out a few applications for me and when they tried to train me to act professionally for interviews they'd always get mad because I made faces and strange sounds. Now however it seems all those hours I spent crossing and re-crossing errors out on job applications paid off. I got a job! I got a jobby JOB HA HA HA! Best Buyy was kind enough to hire me as part of their highly competitive and highly motivated team. What can I say, I guess I have people skills. The first two times I applied there they didn't think so but if at first you don't succeed try, try again! I'll take the drug test tomorrow and have orientation this weekend. It pays two dollars more per hour than my first short lived job did. I'll try my best not to screw this up! It’s going to be great to have some income coming in (heh, that sounded funny) I’ll have funds for fun (so did that) and enough to start saving money for college (that wasn’t so funny sounding). Jon is applying for a job too, I suggested we pretend to be references for each other but he wasn’t interested. I wonder if Barnes & Noble will be as interested in him as Best Buy was with me without a guy posing as an important reference. As soon as I finished my three consecutive interviews for B.B. Food 4 Less also contacted me. Why is it that when I can’t find a job for almost a year no one is interested but as soon as one person contacts me everyone else seems suddenly interested. I guess jobs are like women, they’re only interested in you if you are currently spoken for.

"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." - Roger Starr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate