Friday, April 30, 2004

Stay Tuned

SO IT SHRIVELED. MY BAD. WHEN IT GETS BIG AGAIN, I'LL STICK IT IN RIGHT. HERE. -----> <----- PROM ISE and I'll leave this too.
It was dark and cloudy all day today, it also rained a little and hailed a little before going back to just being dark and cloudy and a little cold. It was a nice break from the sunshine; I don't care for the summer too much. Something about constantly feeling moist and sweaty just isn't very appealing.

We went on a field trip to a cemetery. Third graders went on a field trip to our school. They seemed very interested in jumping off the tower. I must admit, I've considered doing this before as well. It would be fun before well, you died. So scratch that idea, be cool if they connected the high school and a downtown “skyscraper” with a zip line though (I say “skyscraper” because this is Kansas and we are not known for such architecture) I hate my creative writing class. I hate the teacher because she is an overgrown girl scout. I hate the guys because they are either redneck-stoners or morons who truly believe they're artistic. Most of the girls are hot, I hate them because they won't have sex with me, and given my present state of hormone overload that is more than reason enough. Now I promised you my opinion on taking pictures so here it is. Smiling, I hate people who smile in photos and I despise people who ask me to smile in photos. If you want me to smile, tell me joke or show me your boobs. Otherwise, fuck you. Figuratively, of course. I liked the way photographs were taken in the old days. People looked more dignified. It's okay to smile in a picture but only if it's natural, a forced smile is cruel and unusual punishment. I don't care for any sort of posed picture actually, I like them all to be of subject caught in the act of doing something, and no, posing does NOT count as doing something. That pretty much only applies to people though, obviously I don't expect that car snapshot you took for Autotrader.com to have milk spewing from its nose.

Good news, Best Buy called me for a job interview and I will not blow it this time, I just won't. However, I'm so much better at filling out applications then I am at doing interviews. I think when people see my apps their like "Wow." then when people see me their like "Yikes". I've been told I somehow come across as both cocky and shy. Don't ask me how, I couldn't tell you. I'm not the shit head that suggested this. Someone asked me today why I was so weird, and then asked if my whole family was as strange or if it was just me. I couldn't answer because I never thought of my self as strange I'm not even sure what this means, exactly. All I know is I get this a lot, and I wonder if managers feel the same way when they interview me. I wonder if Tim and Travis spoke with me and thought I don't want this weirdo, on the floor with our customers. So I guess this time around I'll have to try to act more like a team player (cuz I heard they love that) even though I'm a notorious loner; and I suppose I'll have to act more like a people person. I am a people-person. I love people; but in the same way children love goldfish -- they're fun to watch and fun to poke, but other than that they kinda stink. Anyway I need the money and can't afford to miss this opportunity, so I guess I'll practice. Remember Nathan, do shake the guys hand, don't stare at him, do answer his questions, don’t lie, and most importantly don’t get to comfortable, you should never refer to someone as an ass-fucker in the presence of a potential employer.

"The very essence of the creative is its novelty, and hence we have no standard by which to judge it." - Carl Rogers

*sniff* "Anyone else smell oranges, dog shit?" "Peppermint?" "Spiders?" "They AREN'T really spiders, are they?" "I'm still talking about it, because I still feel like talking about it"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate