Saturday, November 06, 2004

Another Day, Another Blog

Hi there, Nate here!
Today was fun filled. It started at 7am, which is normally not how fun filled days begin, but today I was feeling peppy. I went to the store meeting and met all of the new seasonal employees hired for this coming holiday season. Gillian and Taylor were there as well as several other n00bz.

When I returned home around 9:30, I decided to help Marty with yard work. I helped by mowing the lawn, which is way funner (Yes I said funner. Have a fucking aneurysm about it.) with the riding lawn mower. I even got to try the new leaf blower/sucker.....*crickets*.....It has way more sucking and blowing power than the last one because it has a 2-cycle gas powered engine instead of just the crappy electric motor like one Dad has. The plastic suck shaft is a few inches longer to so it really helps with the out of reach blowing. Still, in some ways I prefer the electric one because it is lighter and probably more durable also. The man across the street has the same model as Dad's and he seems to enjoy it. In the end I suppose it all comes down to personal preference. One day I hope to have one that utilizes the best of both worlds.

Derek came home to visit today, after playing with Rocky and enjoying a dinner of grilled cheese burgers we decided to watch one of three DVDs I rented. We watched Ali G Indahouse. Some think it was a bad movie but I have always felt that movies should be judged according to their purpose. By that I mean, I did not go to The Day After tomorrow expecting to see a historically accurate portrayal of World War II. I came to see a special effects action blockbuster, and this purpose was fulfilled. If you're looking for an Oscar winner look someplace else. Ali G In The House will move no one with it's deep story. However, I would be surprised if you could sit through the film and keep a straight face. No one in my living room did. I thought it was hilarious and although I got slammed by everyone else in my house many laughter longer and harder than I did. So keep this in mind next time you're having a movie night. Ali G In The House is kinda like a mix between Malibu's Most Wanted and Head of State...only in England. The double entendre was great and I loved picking up new British slang to look up on UrbanDictionary.com and use in daily life. Grab this movie today.

Unfortunately with all this fun and games (we also played SORRY! Since Elle requested. Geez it was like Mormon night at our house) I had little time for homework and that lengthy paper over Warren Court is due for Honors government on Monday. Sunday, I better turn off the TV and put my nose to the grindstone.


Oh yes, I also need to work on getting that super duper dog toilet patented.
lsob | 11.06.04 - 10:49 pm | #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate