Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Graves Holiday Season

Well it's almost Thanksgiving, in about a month it'll be Christmas, then New Years Eve. All with a shit-load of homework, and thermometer raising illnesses to add to the fun. That's right, one day into my four-day weekend I'm sick again. Loud coughs, sneezing, sweating and worst of all a really, really sore throat.

Tomorrow my Mother and I will drive to Manhattan (no, not the cool one) to pick up my brother from his apartment and bring him home for a Thanksgiving celebration. Whether or not that is possible now, I don't know. After hearing Dad scream the f-word several times, I came downstairs to investigate. I learned that my brother had just called to say he was arrested and charged with two misdemeanors, as well as a felony. He's not the first felon in our family but at least it's a personal record. Bravo Derrick. From what I hear he was in some bar getting absurdly inebriated when a brawl broke out. Apparently things got so out of hand that his roommates who were there with him were forced to call the police. I'm not sure what caused the fight but I can imagine. When my brother gets drunk he gets really whinny, and irritating. If someone tells him to shut up, and I'm positive someone did he becomes angry and violent. So when we received the phone call Derrick was calling from jail. He called Dad because Dad is an attorney (but mostly because Mom would have lost her head) but I'm really not sure that helps in this situations. It's not like you can just plead "not guilty" and make everything go away. Dad must have thought the same because he said that Derrick would have to find a public defender. I don't blame him, I mean it would be awkward to represented by your father and it would put judge in a bad position.

Later we went to the mall to see National Treasure. I have to admit it was better than I thought it would be. A thoroughly enjoyable movie despite an underlying sense of corniness. Some people said that the clues were confusing or too difficult to follow. All I can assume is that these people are stupid. Some of the clues were a little outlandish but not the kind of think that should stump you and leave you wondering what happened. I recommend it, good family movie. Of course I haven't seen the Incredibles yet.

SNOW! BEAUTIFUL SNOW! SO WHITE AND LIGHT AND FLUFFY ANd... aw crap it's cold and wet....I think my toes are getting numb.
lsob | 11.24.04 - 11:48 pm | #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate