Saturday, January 15, 2005

Post 400

I didn't do much today other than go to work. As usual it was an "interesting experience. A man tried to pay me $27.92 with a twenty dollar bill, one five, two ones, three quarters, one dime, one nickel, one penny and one Canadian penny. It's amazing, if the currency is the right size, shape and color customers don't even pay attention to what is on them. I've always had an attraction to shiny objects (much like a raccoon, actually) I've collected coins ever since I can remember so I always pay close attention to them, not just because I'm a cashier. I said "Sir, I'm pretty sure we don't have a maple leaf or Elizabeth II on our coins." It was just a penny so I let him pay one cent short. I kept the Canadian penny. That little penny had made it all the way to Kansas, thousands miles away. It had probably been used to by everything from gas to gum and no one even paid it the slightest attention or said "Hey, one of these things is not like the others."

This isn't the first instance of foreign currency I've had. I frequently see Mexican dimes (no surprise there...). Once I even saw a U.S.S.R. half dollar. The kid had just been given a handful of half dollars from a friend to pay for a CD and there amongst the JFKs it was. He hadn't even noticed until I opened my big mouth and he immediately took it back and found another way to by the CD (My Chemical Romance, what is it with people and that band? MCR is so mediocre their shit isn't even worth downloading!). I've also recieved a few foreign credit cards, one from Brazil which worked fine and another from Germany, no luck on that one. It didn't even have a magnetic strip or enough digits to register as a credit card when I typed them in.

The most popular CDs I've seen come through my line are: My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park and Jay Z, The velvet Revolvers and Crunk Juice. Other popular CDs include Gretchen Wilson, Shania Twain and Nora Jones (I have to stop myself from staring at the CD covers. Hotties!)

When ever a really hot girl comes to the check out lanes I've noticed that the all the guy cashiers speed up because they want her to go through their line so they can leer at her as she writes checks. This really ditzy blonde girls skipped up to Brad's line around closing time and I sped through my last transaction and waved her over to my register.

Haughn: *looks at me*
Me: *looks over at Ryan*
Ryan: *grins and looks at us*
Me: What?
Ryan: What?!
Me: We were all checking her out.
Haughn: Damn you, stole her from me.
Ryan: Ha ha ha
Haughn: she was all like: he he he! I'm gonna get fucked by three guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate