Sunday, January 16, 2005

Shit Happened

I did some stuff today, I'll update it later. Right now I'm still trying to find the part of my template that controls column width for the sidebar.

I'm having a movie marathon again, I rented Resident Evil: apocalypse and Little Black Book. Guess which one I liked better, the answer may surprise you. Resident Evil: Apocalypse was an okay movie. Not great, but okay. Ebert said it was one of the worst movies of the year but he's just not part of the gaming culture so he doesn't appreciate it as much as we gamers do (then again not all video game spin off movies are great.....Remember that Super Mario Bros incident a few years ago....) Resident Evil and it's sequel apocalypse were truer to the games than Tomb raider and it's sequel were. Despite the ample boobage and action I didn't think Tomb Raider was the great. It would have been if the plot followed one of the games (like III or the Last Revelation). Resident Evil had great fight scenes but I think I'm burnt out on mutant zombies. After Dawn of the Dead nothing really impresses me anymore. The characters were stereotypical: meat-head soldier, funny black guy but his time there were TWO count 'en two posh British babes with flat chest and guns. I actually got sick of seeing Alice's pointy red nipples every other scene (after I paused in zoomed in of course) the Nemesis was ridiculous. Plain in simple. Interesting fact "Raccoon City" (who came up with that name?) is actually Toronto Canada, chosen for it's modern but plain and prefabricated look. I liked the scenery. Resident Evil kicks 6 out 10 asses.
"Please. My shit is custom." *takes out gold plated guns* - REA

I really enjoyed Little Black Book. Despite the blatant product placement and advertising (it wasn't just any PDA it was a Palm, Bob). Mom and Liz think Brittany Murphy is cute. I think she is a skanky looking hoe.....but I like her! She is funny, she has great personality that really shines through in the characters she plays. I was impressed with Uptown Girls and I enjoyed Little Black Book as well. I'm not sure which I liked more but for now I'll say LBB. It's not hilarious but it's funny enough to keep you awake, the ending was realistic but not overwhelmingly sad (good because no movie-goer could survive seeing Murphy heart broken). The scenes where she talks to Derek's (the average Joe from Office Space was in this!) dog, Bob are good. You'll laugh, you'll cry. You'll talk about this movie after it's over blah blah blah it's good go rent it. Be quick though, there was only one left at hasting and it was at the return desk. Overall 7x(_l_)

I wanted to get Without A Paddle too but it was gone. Next week, maybe?

Using her gift card Elle purchased a Simpsons Monopoly game. She wanted the whole family to play but Liz and I were being antisocial teenagers (I was glued to Galactica 1980 and she was talking with her boyfriend George Dubya Bush Jr.). I should have played with her, I knew how much I wanted to hang out with my older brother Derrick when I was a little kid. I remember how I always watched the TV shows he did (Beavis & Butthead), and copied his behavior. Now Elle does this to me. It came as a complete surprise. I had always been the youngest in the family, and when Derrick moved away I considered myself an only child because I never really thought this new addition to the household (Martin and his daughters) would ever fit together. But we did. Now whenever I play Smells Like Teen Spirit, or Stairway to Heaven on guitar I can hear Elle in the next room struggling through Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on her violin. Whenever I watch my Family Guy DVDs she is there laughing even though she doesn't get the jokes. It would be kind of endearing if it wasn't so bizarre. I'm going to try and play with her more often before I leave for college (IF if leave for college) I don't want to be the cold step-brother who was never there for her.

I got in a fender bender today, while picking up some green tea at Wal-Greens I saw Veronica who has having some photos developed. We said the usual hi and bye and then parted ways. As I was leaving I spotted her in the parking lot, long dark hair flowing in the wind behind her. Mesmerized by her radiant beauty, I crashed into a low cement wall/curb surrounding the parking lot and in the process, bendering my passenger side fender in a fender bender. Thank god she didn't see. *sigh* Veronica.....what's that rattling sound?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate