Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Drink Up


This isn't my locker, but I've also done this before. Unfortunately at the end of last semester I cleaned it out; now the only thing in my locker is a Hello Kitty toy from a McDonald's happy meal. I carry all my stuff with me, as I'm guessing this guy must. I first got the idea from this very strange fellow who's locker was by mine junior year. Man this guy was strange, he always kicked his locker three times after closing it and twitched a lot. Plus the guy just looked really, REALLY weird. You have to meet him in person to understand. Anyway, he filled up his locker with bottles and this year, so did I. I feel terrible about throwing them all out instead of recycling. It actually kept me awake at night thinking of all the plastic I wasted. Well, it kept me up for one night anyway. I guess saving bottles has kind of caught on as a fad at my school because one day when Ty, Dean and I were searching for "The Grail" (that's what I like to call the one vending machine that doesn't have a timer on it preventing students from using it during school before and after lunch). Dean told me about a secret location by the band room that was always on but this time, even it had been compromised. There was only one other option, a $1.00 vending machine hidden in an alcove by the handicap elevator near the library. Unfortunately this one was also now set on a timer. I didn't get my caffeine fix. But at least I got to see this cool locker filled by another student with bottles. I snapped a photo as a reminder, hopefully he won't be like me and recycle.

"They must have ripped the 'Q' section out of my dictionary.....because I don't know the meaning of the word quit!" - Mystery Men

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate