Monday, July 18, 2005

Back On Track

I got results back on my Soc 101 exam today. 94%, not bad, huh? But today's fun and excitement doesn't end there. To prepare for dorm life I received my bacterial meningitis vaccination today. When the actual needle went in I did feel pain but not that much. Looking back this is funny, but at the moment the needle pierced my skin I thought "Ow, oh hey. This doesn't hurt TOO bad." Then she pushed on the plunger and actually gave me the injection. I had forgotten about that part...hours later it is still a little sore but I'll survive of course; even more likely now because I'm no longer at risk from suffering a debilitating brain and spinal fluid disease.

Today also marked my first official day of employment since my erm, discharge, from Worst Buy. It was just a training session but I still received pay for my time there (a nice fat hourly wage). We got to watch interesting videos about theft, responsibility, accidents on the job and sexual harassment. They all seemed as if they were made in the 1980s. Actually, I'm pretty sure they were. This doesn't mean their important message was diminished though, of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger Man of Issachar said...

"bacterial meningitis vaccination"

you are kidding me.

You will live longer if you carry a gun, exercise, and drive safley.

The top three killers of young men are homocide, sucide, and car crashes

9:09 AM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

It's funny that you should mention death via car accidents. A former school mate of mine just died in a tragic car surfing accident. Ok funny isn't the word I want.....

It is important to arm your self against microscopic foes as well as macroscopic ones just think of a vaccination as a gun for your cells.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate