Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I Heart The Mall

My job interview atDillards went well today. Actually that's an understatement, it went great! I actually got hired, I have a job again! My only question is why? Unlike most of the job interviews I have attended this one was set up in a group format with about 20 hopeful job-seekers and a panel of 4 managers who reviewed us. The group was made up of mostly women and a lot of stylish looking girls my age (nice). Of the group of 20 there were four guys, me some other dude who looked vaguely familiar, and two older men. They position they needed people in most was Men's Shoes, after the interview we waited outside while the panel discussed who they were interested in. About ten minutes later my name and the other guy's were called. We followed the manager back to her office and filled out the forms finalizing things. So I start work next week on Monday, although I'm confident in my abilities to sell shoes I'm not really sure why I was selected. After the interview I felt disappointed that I hadn't done a good job of expressing myself. I guess I was wrong. Who knows...

Anyway I finally get to say "in your face" to the guys at Worst Buy. My starting pa---not even counting commission--will be greater than my pay at Worst Buy was when I left. The only downside is that they have a dress code, I must wear a tie to work everyday. Maybe it really isn't a downside, I've always wanted a tie but decided against purchasing one because I would not have had any place to wear one. This should be a great experience, I'll save up a ton of money for next year as well as get an awesome discount at all the restaurants in the food court. Kick Ass. If this hadn't worked out I was going to apply at the pizza place where my Physics teacher works.

And maybe the tie thing will catch on and I'll start wearing a suit everywhere like on Stella.

"If you guys are from Texas why do you have Canadian accents?" - Stella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate