Friday, January 06, 2006

What Can I Say?

My triumphant return to blogging a few days ago was cut short by a bad case of food poisoning. For a while all I could do was vomit and I could hardly get out of bed.

I'm afraid that's more than I can say for one of my childhood friends. Just got a phone call from Mom, she told me that Chloe died in a car accident on her way back to college. It's really sad, to say the least. She was one of the most genuinely nicest people I've met, and growing up she made me smile with her silliness. That wasn't always easy, I think I was a disturbed kid. It just seems like such a waste of life, and it couldn't have happened to a kinder soul. Chloe isn't the first childhood friend I've lost (2nd); but she is the closest.

We lost contact a few years ago, until recently when I discovered her Facebook profile at a university I didn't expect. It's scary to think she'll never read the e-mail I sent her.

So unfair to her parents......

You just don't expect these things to happen. Not. Ever.

shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate