Thursday, June 22, 2006

90% Good Day

Generally when something good happens in my life, something bad happens just prior or immediately after to lessen the amount of joy I can obtain from a positive event. I don't think that this karma and I'm not sure I would call it Murphy's law either. What I can say for certain is this is the way I have always remembered my life being. I guess it's just my personal curse. My Happiness Marginalizer. I have my class half full days, but my proverbial glass is always only a drop more full than empty, at best.

Today I finally found a job. After months of searching I finally found a job! I got an interview for my bank teller job of choice a few weeks ago; I was literally jumping for joy. Unfortunately BOA made me take some kind of psychological evaluation and I was dismissed because I was not suitable for the job. Maybe I'm not skilled enough to count money (yeah right), or maybe they've detected some horrendous personality flaw that would make patrons hate me and the bank by association (possible).

Anyway, I didn't mention this a while back because I was crushed. Today the Jackass Party hired me to be a filed representative. It doesn't pay much and I don't get many hours, but it's money. Money that means when college starts I'll have the option of eating something other than Ramen noodles every now and then. Still, I'm a little uncomfortable about having the Donkeys on my resume in such a pro-Elephant town, state, region. . . I need to get the fuck out of here.

I applied for the job at the Ramada downtown. It's a huge hotel, I've always wanted to see what it was like inside. It's about what I expected, a big sprawling labyrinth with that old building smell. A lot of the hotel rooms have been turned into offices or apartments. I saw a hot girl at the pool with enormous jugs. I told her she was hot and she said "thanks" then picked up her book and started reading again. I guess she didn't catch my subtext, maybe she didn't notice the huge erection poking through my khakis. At least I got to admire her rack from behind the fence, wet swim suit too!

I got a 70 percent on my Calc test. 21 points of 30. Not bad considering I didn't study at all, I was expecting and F. I would be satisfied with that if.....if I hadn't lost a $140 calculator! I hope it's still at the library. Oh shit, I know it isn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate