Saturday, June 24, 2006

Poplar Lane

Visited several homes today to question people about their support for the governor and concern regarding various state issues. I also registered new voters and gave to members of a certain political parties.

Most people didn't answer their doors, but those who did for the most part had positive things to say, although they did not want to mail in their ballots.

Saw a lot of strange things.....a dying kitten lying on the sidewalk covered in flys, a house covered completely with ivy, a lot of smokers I guess everyone in the neighborhood smokes.

It was interesting because I got to visit a part of town I had not previously known about. At the end of my tour I visited some kids' lemonade stand.

So I made about $35 today, unfortunately I also have to pay $75 within 14 days because today I got my first speeding ticket. It's just as I said before: marginalized happiness.

6/23
Yesterday I visited Jake and Kwon. Jake finally got the DDR pad he's wanted for so long and it seems like he is enjoying it. I watched my first entire soccer game with Kwon. South Korea vs Switzerland. Everyone was very excited and supportive of Korea, but unfortunately they lost. I felt a little self-conscious because I was sporting a backpack with the same big red logo of the rival to everyone's favorite team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate