Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The New Guy

Damn, I'm way too tired. Update tomarrow. promise.

Well it's "tomarrow"

Today I started my job at Best Buy. I was actually out working with customers not just watching the orientation video. I enjoyed the video but it was nice to get a start on things. I spent many hours watching the employee who was assigned to show me the e ropes as we worked the cash register. He seemed okay to me, his name was Matthew, and he reminded me of a bitter leprechaun. He is very cynical but basically a nice guy, I like him. He showed me how to process transactions with credit cards, debit cards, checks, cash and how to mark things off and such. Also taught me some of the lines to tell customers. We always try to sell them more stuff before they leave the store. Some of it they need but most they probably will not. I personally took them up on the magazines last time I was there, it’s a good offer so long as you’re not a lazy-ass and don’t cancel your subscription. Matthew, Ben and I are the only male cashiers the rest are female. They all seemed really friendly, most of them were really cute, especially Julia. On one occasion I had difficulty focusing on what buttons to push because of her. I took detailed notes though so if I do ever forget something I can always refer back to them.

"Okay, Donna?"
"Yes."
"and you do still live in Kansas?"
"Yes, unfortunately!"
Both: *laughing*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate