Saturday, May 08, 2004

3 Day Delay

Today began for me around noon, as it typically does on weekends. I did random things, which I can hardly remember to kill time and then when everyone else was ready we went shopping for Mother’s Day gifts. Our first stop was Target, I love tat store, it’s so much cleaner than Wal-Mart and it smells like popcorn. Plus I think I mentioned in an earlier post all the lovely ladies that apparently also enjoy that store. I bought mom some yellow roses, a pink vase, and a card. I was going to get red but she told me yellow was her favorite color of flowers so those are the ones I got. Liz got her mom a card, and tried to find a birdhouse (as part of some inside joke between her and her mother) but was unable to locate one to her liking, So we left and went to Lowe’s, lots of cool appliances and hardware there; a real Do-it-your-selfer’s paradise. Liz didn’t find that special birdhouse for her mom though we did see a number of other birdhouses and bar-b-q grills. I think someone should make a combination bird feeder and gas or charcoal grill. It would trap your food and then automatically cook it, I’m just not sure how it would handle the legs, beak, feathers and organs I’m half-joking actually, a robin or a blue jay probably wouldn’t make as delicious a meal as a chicken or turkey. After that Liz finally found the birdhouse she wanted at Orschelenn’s Farm & Home store and later my mom met up with us at the Longhorn Steak House. We had to wait outside for 2+ hours until we could be seated, due to all the people there. It wasn’t a bad wait though, it was warm outside with a nice breeze and we could see the sun set. Plus they gave out free peanuts! The street the restaurant is located on is also great for people watching, we saw all types: cowboys, Goths, racers, bikers and an out of state soccer team that was having a dinner party. We also got to see many different formal dresses and tuxedos because some high school was having their prom and a lot of people brought their dates to eat here. I thought all the school had their proms already so I suspect these were people from smaller towns in the vicinity of 30 miles who had come to town as they often do. I had some kind of Southwestern pasta with grilled chicken for dinner, Mom had pasta with vegetables I think she is trying to do the low-carb thing and Liz had chicken fried steak. Elle had a kid’s meal corn dog and fries, which she complained about be too hungry to wait for and when it arrived, hardly ate. *sigh* kids. I don’t know what Marty had. After that I went home watched TV and fell asleep thankfully.
"Mmm. Granulated."
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate