Saturday, April 09, 2005

Averageness Conformation Test

I took the ACT again this morning (actual morning; not Nate-morning which = 10:30) a last ditch effort to improve my scores. I know that I'm getting too old for this because everyone there was either a sophomore or junior.

I made it on time but just barely I was headed down Fair Lawn when I got stuck behind this really slow woman in what was perhaps the shittiest car ever made. It was an old Yugo with deteriorating wheels, tons of dents, a plethora of tacky bumper stickers and one detail that made it look a hundred times worse. The paint, dear lord, the paint was green and it just looked like regular old house paint. It was cracked, rippled and looked as if it would simply chafe off at any given moment. Now that you can visualize her car I'll continue, she was driving down the center lane, I was right behind her. Yes, I was speeding. I was going about 15 MPH over it and she was maybe doing 5 below. I think she was lost and didn't know where to turn. I wanted to go left to the university parking lot and she seemed to want to go straight. So like any true gentleman I persuaded her to go move faster. She was not pleased. She touched on her brakes briefly, probably because she thought this was a clever way to scare me. Wrong. I floored the gas and grinned devilishly. I had called her bluff. She swerved out of the way into the right lane, I passed her and gave her a dual-handed flip off. She got back into the center lane and before turning left I saw her give me the finger. Tailgating is fun for everyone, especially when the front of your car is already FUBAR and people know you're not playing around.

I think I did okay, I probably answered 70-80 percent of each part of the exam. With the questions that I did finish I was really pleased with my answers. As soon as the prof. said "5 minutes remaining" I just started darkening ovals. You are not penalized for incorrect answers so I figured there was a 25% chance that might get one right. So best possible outcome: if all the questions I finished are correct and 1/4 of the ones I didn't are correct that will be a significant improvement form my last score where I ran out of time and decided to play games on my calculator instead (not an option this time because I lent it to the poor guy next to me who forgot his) It's okay because I didn't really need it and I wanted to help someone out. What really pissed me off was this Asian girl I sat next to initially. I hadn't separated my admission ticket from the letter yet and as I did so she yanked the letter from hands folds it and tears it off for me. Not so bad, but then she adds this snide remark "Geez you can't even do THAT right? Didn't your teacher show you how to do that in first grade?" I was about to suggest an orifice in which she could cram that ticket, and another, where she could shove her perforation separation skills. Before I had the chance she says something about the poor quality of our educational system. Damn. It's not bad enough that you people get the best scores but you have to rub it in by being an anus. Fuck off.

Anyway, I'm awaiting my scores. I've already decided what college I'd like to attend but should I decide to transfer at least I'll have something better than a 20 to work with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate