Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hey, nifty.

This site ----> http://maps.google.com is really cool. When I was younger I was obsessed with Sim City, I always tried to make a replica (well slightly better, of course) of Topeka. If this tool had existed back then it would have been perfect. You can find maps, and even cooler, satellite images. I typed in my address; the mall, the capitol, WalMart and the one for my high school then just scrolled along following the Kansas river. I also looked at views of Seattle, San Diego and Salt Lake City and other cities but the ones of home were more interesting. At a time I got angry because when I looked a New York and Chicago I kept seeing these big black blotches, then it occured to me that they were shadows from the skyscrapers! Isn't it sad that I find this so exciting? In the major cities you can zoom in so close you can see the cars on the road but for some reason you can only go in far enough to see the tops of the buildings at home. Hmm, too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate