Monday, May 23, 2005

Limeny Snackit: A Bunch of Fucked Up Shit

When Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events first came out in theaters, I vaguely recall taking an interest in it but eventually deciding because of my limited time and budge it probably was not worth my time. Besides, it's just another stupid children’s movie right? Wrong. This movie is good! Well, decent at least. Mom and Marty originally rented it just so Elle would have something to watch but in the end we were all gathered in the living room watching it. It was a good movie because the dialogue was humorous and of course, Jim Carrey. Actually, the movie had a lot of star power. I'm not one to focus on the actors instead of the story (which was bizarre, Improbable Events is more like it) but I kept seeing a lot of familiar faces pop up. I feel I need to admit this, I'm strongly attracted to Emily Browning, she has nice lips, and yeah I know I'm a pervert. At least I'm not as bad as those '03 guys who kept showing up at our graduation parties. "I used to be cool in high school". Anyway, vastly entertaining film. I know Lemony has written other books, hope to see them become movies in the future as well. This movie was so fucking weird, how is it I've never heard of the books by now? The whole thing is very Goth; this movie probably has a cult following similar to those who like The Nightmare Before Christmas way back when. Mom made me a delicious lemon cake for graduation. It was absolutely delectable, I enjoyed eating it while I watched this film and sipped a lime coke.

"You put the lime in the coke, you nut and drink em' both together. Wow, this is coke: with lime!" - TV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate