Wednesday, March 17, 2004

A Care Bear Inside, Maybe.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Okay, so I really don't get this holiday. Seems to be just an excuse for people to pinch each other, get drunk and a good time for my Step-Dad to cook corned beef and cabbage or, like this year, get my Mom to do it. I HATE corned beef, I can't even stand the smell so it looks like I'll be having Frosted Flakes or Pizza Bagel Bites for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll research the holiday sometime, with the internet the answers to almost everything are only a click away; but I'm sure I still won't care. (Once I actually typed "What is the meaning of life and where is God" into a Google search. I actually got some links but most just said Star Trekish BS like God is in your heart and in the flowers.) On the way to school my Mom noted that I wasn't wearing any green and when she noticed my poorly suppressed scowl she said that I shouldn't be a St. Patrick’s-Day-Scrooge. At school Phillip and Dean pinched me and said that I wasn't wearing any green and I decided against saying "Fuck St. Patrick’s Day, and fuck you too." They seemed happy and carefree so I attempted to adopt this attitude and did a fairly decent impression. We waited for Ty to arrive, for some odd reason he wears orange every St. Patrick’s Day since elementary school, but he didn't show up so no Pinch Fest 04.

We finished standardized testing, today. Not that such an "accomplishment" (those quotes are meant to indicate cynicism not something an actual person said) is even worth mentioning. We finished early and I had an hour and a half to spend trying to force a mumble out of the quiet-studious-girl and to covertly admire Ashley's fantastic rack as Sherk and Rogers tried to photograph it. Sex is such a distraction, after neutering my dog he never humped another leg. Too bad there isn't some way to just screw off your testicles until you need them then like, stick 'em back on later. I'd leave mine in the medicine cabinet for the next ten years! Weight lifting was more grueling than usual and by the time I left I could squeegee sheets of sweat off my abs and back.

I ate lunch with Meg today, I had noticed her in the halls several times this week smiling and trying to flag me down, but I was so bitter that we couldn't have a deeper relationship and that she had hooked up with my friend not realizing how much I care for her that I ignored her for fear of being hurt more. But today I ate with her a little and we acknowledge the fact that we missed each other. I decided that it was better to at least be friends with her than avoid her al together. When Duff showed up she forgot I was there of course, but if I was her maybe I would have done the same. I sat with Jason and talked about the silver trim on our project car in auto tech until the bell rang.

In creative writing while I was supposed to be researching I decided to surf the net instead. The Death Clock says I’ll die on June 20, 2085. Not bad if you ask me. In CW we were supposed to write a list of things or causes we would be willing to die for. I must admit there is nothing I would die for, not even the whole population of Earth. I'd probably be content to wander the ruins of country side reading books, eating MREs and wild fruit until I died of natural causes. If I had children in the future and one died I suppose I could always have more, and the way technology is headed probably just clone the one who'd kicked the bucket. Children die every year and the most of those parents manage to go on with their lives, even if sometimes it hurts, so why waste time agonizing over it? The teacher said if a Columbine like event occurred in the school she might put herself in of harm's way to protect us. Might. I thought that was sweet but it didn't really matter. If a student incident did occur I would use her as a human shield without much thought. As for the cloning issue, did you see Century City on CBS last night? I thought the show was quite interesting given that it was local TV and not cable. I might have enjoyed it had I not lost the remote and been forced to watch Judging Amy afterwards. I wanted to stay after school and see Carmella's presentation on her home country of Italy, but I had guitar lessons. I wonder what Europe is like after Spain's 9/11 like 3/11. Well gotta go I think my dog is attacking the mail man again.

"Genius without education is like silver in the mine." - Benjamin Franklin
faint
you're faint


what linkin park song are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate