Friday, March 19, 2004

Don't Burn The Bandwagon

Today was one find day, no homework and very little class work with the exception of Keyboarding 2. I don’t know if the teachers were just being uncharacteristically kind or if they just didn’t want to grade long papers over break. Keyboarding was the same though, of course. I didn’t expect it to change though, and I didn’t expect any class to be a walk in the park anyway, I never do. I understand the school is about education and that takes work, some of the students don’t seem to understand this though, or if they do they just prefer begging for entertainment to learning that will prepare them for there future. I am however very unhappy with my Keyboarding teacher.

She is one of those “business-bitches” ya know? (In her own words, okay so she didn’t call herself a bitch but it was something along those lines) I enjoy rules, I feel more comfortable working with them because they define my tasks and help me better plan what steps I need to accomplish them (though I also do well on assignments were parameters are less clear and more creativity is needed). However, there will always be times when reasonable exceptions to the rule must be allowed. You don’t have to worry that “If I bend one rule all the others will break” because if you’re a good instructor you will be able to regain control. If were CEO of some large business conglomerate I can see myself being very laid back. Wear sweat pants and flip-flops to work for all I care, just as long as your clothing is legal, clean, and safe and you work hard why should one’s attire be a concern of mine? Once the business has gained recognition, as force to be reckoned with others will respect your employee’s even if they don’t wear the most expensive tie clips or the shiniest shoes. So when I was a fraction of a second late this morning, I went back to my locker on the third floor because she said we couldn’t have coast in class, and she counted me tardy I was of course aggravated; it got worse however, when another guy arrived over half an hour late and loss the same amount of participation points as I did. I didn’t argue though, it wouldn’t have helped and why get mad when you can get even? If she wants to rule this class with an iron fist then fine, but I’m going to use my iron grip and some lotion to get some special cream for her morning caffeine break. Put that in your coffee and stir it. Meg told me last year that someone spat in her coffee and she drank it, I plan to top that by a long shot. All I know is I’m sick of her “Sit up straight”-“Don’t touch the machines”-“eyes on the overhead”-“feet on the floor”-“Where’s the memo I gave you on Monday”-“I’m not going to help anyone else after 8:40”-“If the correct format isn’t perfect I’m throwing it in the recycling bin”-attitude. A fellow classmate expressed similar discontent when she griped about him not using the bathroom pass sign up sheet to sign back in as well as out: Student: “Man, she’s been acting really stuck up lately.” Me: “I know”. Student: “I just wanna smack her in the face and say ‘Shut up bitch!’” Me: “Go ahead, if anyone asks I’ll say you didn’t do it.”

English was a breeze, the class watched Radio and wrote movie reviews. Movie reviews are my specialty, and when they are for an assignment I can really do a good job. In short though, I thought the movie was good. I thought it was really sappy though, and Cuba’s ugly-prosthetic bothered me.

In weight training we took a break and joined the freshman P.E. class for a game of baseball. I really enjoyed this, the weather was ideal, I hit the bar farther than most on my team, maybe it was because I had my sunglasses on and it was a bright day so everyone else was blinded but I think I’m just good. But I only got home once, I never got out but my teammates sure did and as a result we had to switch over to the field before I could score! During one of these transitions I apparently walked over to slowly and the coach made me do push ups. No sweat of course, I do 30 almost daily so 20 weren’t an impossible task. I don’t think he liked my jokes either, when I was up to bat I told everyone to hold on while I focused my ki and in the outfield I put the orange cone on my head and said I was Gandolph the wizard.

In creative writing we worked on our documentary scripts but of course we also watched a movie. We watched the first 20 minutes of Smoke Signals then Dean entered and announced that he had the Nightmare before Christmas and Sleepy Hollow in his backpack so everyone opted to watch Sleepy Hollow instead. It was a good movie, hokey at times but I believe that was intentional. Still I would have liked to see how Smoke Signals ended. When it came time to vote I was the only one in 29 who wanted to keep watching Smoke Signals, plus I had already seen the other two films. I’m not one of those assholes who vote against everyone just to be different I just believe my opinion is valid and I’m not going to pretend it’s not just because majority rules. (Go Nader!!!) I couldn’t believe people would just cut one film short to begin another. If you check some of my old posts you’ll see I have similar feelings when it comes to video games. However he deserved to see what he wanted, after all the blood he donated. Dean donated so much that he had passed out and that was why he was so late so go ahead and enjoy I guess. I considered donating blood once but given certain circumstances they might not want it. That’s it for today’s post I’m going to go see Dawn of The Dead. Wanted to say and do more but you’ve read enough, and I have plenty of time later to do it thanks to SPRING BREAK!!! If you took the time to even read this whole post you deserve a prize, leave a comment and I’ll send it to you :-).
What's in it for me?
Alley Cat! You're a wheelin' & dealin' kind of cat
who not only has the unique ability to take
things in stride, but let it be known you're
smarter than you look.


What kind of cat are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
"As for the dwindling minority who still don't like it - that's their problem, not ours. Stanley Kubrick and I are laughing all the way to the bank." -- from The Making of Kubrick's 2001
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate