Saturday, April 03, 2004

A Crappy Test

Today I went to WU take the ACT. I arrived there just in time; there are few things scary than almost missing a standardized test. One of those things are zombies. Okay now where was I, oh yes. The college is very nice everything is clean and modern. Therefore so much more different than high school, I can't wait to go to college. When I first arrived I went to the wrong room and almost ended up taking some kind of college graduate test. I realized this and walked around I until I found the correct testing area. They forgot to put a sign on the door! I realized I was in the correct classroom because I saw Rachel there. It's been years since I last saw her. We made small talk during the break; she is still as cute as she ever was. We discussed college plans neither of us know where we want to go we just hope it is something out of state. The test was a joke, I found my self wondering on more than one occasion how anyone could miss some of these questions. I struggled with maybe two or three on the math section but everything else was a piece of cake. I'm expecting high scores! Maybe I shouldn't talk about that in my post though, I'm afraid someone working on the test might stumble across it and decide to make them more challenging. I’ll describe the classroom, it really wasn't a classroom as I'm used to them. The vast room was a semi-circle with seats and tables sitting on what I can only describe as a stadium-like arrangement. Or like the fancy new movie theater I went to in Overland Park. The chalkboard was massive and the person conducting the test read instructions from a podium at the bottom of this half circle. It difference similar to the one I noticed when I went from elementary school to middle school where the chairs and desk were not connected and did not have name tags. An indication that the people here had moved up to some higher level of education. Not really an important detail, just and interesting one, I assume this class style is used to accommodate more students though the reality is WU does not have very large classes, a fact they often brag about.

After that I went to see a movie, I was going to go to Jersey Girl but I arrived late, missing the first few minutes of the movie and I like to see the trailers from upcoming films so I went to The Lady-killers (it was either that or The Prince & Me which stated at the same time. I believe this is the movie Satan will force me to see in hell as I'm chained over some fiery pit). Very good movie, started out really slow but I think that was necessary to the story in order to explain the police officers reaction at the movie's end. I got the sneaking suspicion throughout the movie that I was being preached to. Maybe I was the old lady reminded me of my grandmother, a fatter version of her anyway. When people get older they either become obsessed with going to church or going to the doctor, whatever they feel will save them. Sometimes it is both. The way the professor laughed was just disturbing (it's a guaf). So yeah, I totally reccomend this movie, it's worth the $8.00, but the candy isn't. Buy the candy at Wal-Mart and use your baggy pants to smuggle it in. If you're a girl who wears tight jeans than sorry, you're out of luck but thanks for the ass shot. When I got home I did some homework and watched O Brother Where Art Thou. Great movie. Also saw Sweet November, good movie, it's on TV nearly every month, and I tune in to drool over Keanu's techno-wonderland apartment.

"Worst Cosmic Wars ever! I will only see it three more times...today." - The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons

"If you are flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit" - Mitch Hedberg (This guy is hilarious)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate