Sunday, December 19, 2004

Daily Memory Extrapolation 356

Me: ALL your bases are belong to us!
I shouted and threw my fist into the wall near my bunk bed. By the time my fist was flying I had already woken up, but it was too late to stop. I was dreaming, I was in the middle of a passionate battle. Unfortunately the "guy" I punched was a wall and by the time I realized it was all a dream it was to late to stop my fist. Now they're all skinned, my knuckles I mean. They don't hurt too much though. "All your bases are bleong to us." I don't know where I heard this but in the dream it seemed to make since at the time. I probably saw it in a movie. I'll never forget the time I spent the night at Joe's and he said "Saki to me" in his sleep. We had just finished watching Austin Powers. So yeah, a movie probably.

Today is Sunday, I attempted to get up and go to church but I stayed up all night endlessly channel surfing, and then surfing the web, and then channel surfing. I fell asleep around 3:00 AM. I woke up around 11:30 and discovered that like most Sunday mornings I was alone. Mom, Marty and Elle were gone. Church for them was over; they were probably at Barnes & Noble or eating breakfast somewhere. Liz was gone too; her cultish branch of church was still in service I think. Rocky was home though, he was just lying in his crate with the cage door open, apparently it was comfortable in their and he has no reason to come out. When he saw me he stretched, wagged his tail and came over to sniff me. I poured a bowl of Frosted Flakes, ate them and channel surfed for a while. Got bored browsed for anything good on TiVo, found that Venture Bros, and Drawn together had been deleted. I deleted The 7 People You Meet in Heaven as an act of revenge. That movie was lame ass anyway, and I was confident everyone had already mulled through it.

I went back to my room made the 3x5 note card to cheat off for my Myth final. Then I took a nap and when I woke up Mom, Marty and Elle had returned. They were playing this karaoke game for PS2. Everyone really seemed to want me to try it but I don't know why. We have purchased several video games recently and so far this one looks the least fun and or interesting. Then my mom went off on a tangent and started telling everyone stories about how when I was younger I would just space off whenever my class was in one of those stupid music-performance things. And how humiliated she was and about how I was talented in many areas but never used any of it. Anyway, I was surprised because this is the first "game" I have ever seen mom even attempt to "play". And as you may have expected her "singing" was atrocious. The game looked dull, I would have preferred to spend the entire day making "air quotes" rather than playing it.

I went back to my room and read the Sunday newspaper (one of the few events I look foreword too). Despite the abundance of redneck article and bitchy older women specials there are generally a few worthwhile articles in it. Primarily the Entertainment reviews and comics but there are a few other good things.

A few hours later Liz got home, she had spent the entire day horse back riding with her new boyfriend (Marty teased her about the boyfriend title, Liz didn't concede anything but it obviously fits; Though she could genuinely not be sure yet, I mean she is female, she's probably waiting for him to shower her with more money first.). As soon as she got home she started showering and primping which immediately made me suspicious because generally after a long day at the barn she is content to just kick back and let the vile farm smell radiate throughout the house. Later when she was prancing about the house singing "This is gonna be fun, this is gonna be fun!" I decided to ask her what was up. A turn out the cowboy himself was coming to join us for dinner tonight. He arrived a few hours later then we expected but just, as it was getting entertaining to watch Liz pout he showed up.

We had steaks for dinner (Liz requested), I'm not really a big red meat fan unless it is of the ground variety, but I'll eat anything that's grilled. His name is aptly Austin, he is from a small town near Austin, Texas that became a ghost town and has only lived here for a few years. For the steak he went out to his big red truck and brought back his own special blend of steak sauce in an old water bottle. Hilarious. Has anyone ever made fun of you for the way you like to eat your food? It was nice having this guy around, it just goes to show you that everyone has their own quirks when it comes to meals and you're not alone. He seems like a real nice guy, or at least a charismatic one. He reminds me of a young George Dubbya Bush. Says "sir" and "ma'am" a lot. Strange I've never been called a sir before, very ROTC-ish. At first I thought he was just being courteous but then he never stopped. I guess he is kinda like those people who say "like", "dude", "dawg", or "man" endlessly. Guilty of any of the above? Perhaps that's just the way they speak down south. Just for fun I counted SIRS: 27 MA'AMS: 12. It really wasn't as annoying as you might expect. What was annoying was Liz's incessant giggling. Just shoot me now, or her whichever. Ok, her, that would be preferable. Also Elle was irritating in the way the little-kid-baby-ADHD-adopted-step-sisters usually are: asking a lot of moronic questions, playing with food, screamed, talked loudly, wetting pants, stating the blatantly obvious, climbing on people, using the word "No."; in my opinion any kid under age 12 who uses the word "No." anytime, for whatever reason, deserves a two hour spanking with jagged sheet metal. Hmm, I guess I should have kids.

After dinner Mom made these expensive iced hot chocoloctae drinks that she saw on Opera and just "had to have” they were ordered months ago but because the restaurant was so back ordered they didn't arrive for some time. If you ask me they tasted just like a frosty from Wendy's and weren't worth the price tag. Everything Opera touches turns to gold. This is a fact. Then everyone went into the living room and played Monopoly or Scrabble or something. I hate board games; I think they're obsolete and generally not very entertaining (chess can get heated though). My family falls into the category that just about everyone else on this planet does: The People I Would Prefer not To Spend Time With, the Don'ts. The Do-Nots. The Do Not Disturbs, The Get Losts.

I don't think I've ever been so thankful to go to work (except for the first day) Best Buy was far more crowded than it was on even Thanksgiving Day. Turkey Day has sort of become our unit of measure for deterging our level of business. I had two Santa Claus sightings. On the way to work I saw one walking down the street from house to house with a big bag slung over his shoulder. Then at the store a customer pointed out a guy who although he was not n costume definitely looked like Santa. Long white beard, fat alcoholic-eggnog belly. Yep the whole kit n caboodle.

"Most of the time I don't have much fun. The rest of the time I don't have any fun at all." - Woody Allen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate