Saturday, December 11, 2004

And Then

Dad: I don't know why you hate sports, it's not like I pushed you into them as a kid.
Me: I don't hate sports. I just think most of the time there is better stuff on TV.
Dad: Sometimes I can't believe you're my son

Speaking of better things on TV, Enterprise will not air on UPN December 24th. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! *echoes*

I'm really in no mood to blog. I'm tiered. However, I know if I don't do it now I never will. So here's the deal. I just got back from Boss Hog's Barbeue, well technically the sports bar next door. Good food, I'm stuffed. Even brought home leftovers in a box. Someone from work just called asking if I could fill in for them tomorrow. Impossible. I have way too much homework. I hope this doesn't lead to the loss of my position as the store's "go-to-guy" for "sick" days. I need the hours that bad. One of our managers was complaining about all the kids who called in today to cancel shifts just so they could go to their school's formal events. Personally I'm glad, otherwise I wouldn't have scored those hours 8:30-4. There was Papa John's pizza in the break room today. I have never seen so many pizza boxes in all life. There were literally stacks on each table threatening to topple over. Before I even entered the break room, I could smell it from my register and that inspired me to work more. I ate 9 slices (when else was I going to have the opportunity to pig out so much for free?) and a 20oz Dr. Pepper. When I got back to my register I felt a little bit sick. But took comfort in knowing I only had an hour an a half to go and it was worth it! Pizza taste even better when you're hungry as hell!

Old Guy: *takes out an add* It says I get 20% off and a free $10 gift card when I spend over $70.00 on video games or get 3 accessories.
Me: You have a Gamecube, and a pack of gum.
Old Guy: Then why is the price so high?
Me: Because the computer didn't include the discount or free gift card.
Old Guy: Well why not?
Me: Because you need to spend over $70 in video games or buy THREE accessories.
Old Guy: This was $99 *points to the gamecube*
Me: Yeah.
Old Guy: Well isn't this a game?
Me: It's just the console......there's no actual game with it. It's just the hardware you need to play the games. And accessories would be like memory cards, controllers or cases.
Old Guy: Well what if I get this, and a PS2, AND an XBox.
Me: >.< Three ACCESSORIES or more than $70 in GAMES.
Old Guy: Do you have a senior citizens discount?
Me: I don't think so, I guess I could check with my manager...
Old Guy: I think that would be something you should check.
Me: *pages her and then 5 minutes later.....*
Me: Caitlin, do we have a senior citizen discount?
Caitlin: *looks at the man* No, I'm sorry. *back to me* You paged me for that?!

Me: You can only use 3 BB bucks on a CD or DVD purchase.
Fat Woman: WHAT?!
Me: You can only use 3 Best Buy bucks per CD or DVD.
Fat Woman: I saved for weeks so I could buy this for free. You've got to be kidding me.
Me: Sorry....*points to the sign that states it*
Fat Woman: Well it doesn't say that on the sticker *skims through it* blah blah blah. Nope doesn't say it.
Me: *takes the monopoly board the sticker is stuck to and points out the print that does say it*
Fat Woman: Well that REALLY pisses me off, now I can't afford this *puts back the 24 DVD boxset* All I can get is Sex and the City season 1 & 2.
24 sucks anyway
Me: You'll still save three dollars; and you have 50 coupons. That means you can have anything in the store up to $50 that ISN'T a DVD or CD for free.
Fat Woman: *sarcastically* Yeah, like that leaves a whole lot.
Me: I'm guessing 70% of our inventory. Maybe more. I'm not sure.
Fat Woman: *grumbles something and buys the Sex and The City DVD then storms out throwing the rest of the coupons on the security counter*
Other Customer: What was her problem?
Me: She didn't read the fine print on those 30-something boxes of super sized fries and chicken selects. Then came in on the last day we're excepting those coupons and got a nasty surprise. Her problem, besides the attitude, is a lack of common sense.

That and was the average customer behavior today, mixed in with that, some fun language challenges. I know it sounds racist but I don't care. So I'm a fucking bigot, big deal, eat me. I just think Mexicans should learn English before immigrating, oops I mean swimming, over here. All two of words Rosa (that was probably her name) knew in English she slurred, it sounded like she was slurping the last few drops of Mr. Pibb from a glass at Grizzlebees (Apllebees). On the other hand someone will probably say that about me when I go to France but hey, at least I don't live there.

So yeah, I hope Gillian is haven' fun at her box social shindig or whatever. Cues I worked all day with moronic. I might swing by the school a little late, no date but if it's like most of our school's season festivities they'll have a big reel of tickets left over. It's a chilly night, I bound to see some nipples Pocono' through sheer fabric.

Did some Christmas shopping today, I got this brats doll for Ella, a Flash Light (well he said he needed one) and an Earth Wind & Fire CD for Dad, the Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore DVD set for Derrick, and for mom I picked up a gift certificate from her favorite store. It's a store located in the Brook Woods center near the sports bar Dad I ate at. According to her it's "like Bed bath and beyond, but classier" In other words a chick-store that sells stuff like sented candles, silver liquid soap dispensers, linen and silk bed sheets, and bath beads. The woman there told me she knew my mom and said she was really beautiful. I was just like um, thanks. I hate it when people say that, mostly because half are guys my age, and mostly because they don't word it the same way. I remember once Ana's (the object of my affection for this month) Dad said that my Dad was "a very handsome man" I thought that was kinda gay. At least I know if I ever ask her out he'll approve of it. Then again, he was the one who prescribed the pills I used to take. Maybe he won't trust me cuz he'll think I'm psycho. I think I'm pyscho. My dog is psycho, today he was licking the windows as we went through the auto car wash, even though the water was on the outside of the car. I didn't get anything for Liz or Marty yet. I don't know where'd I'd start. Maybe a camera accessorie or that cool picture frame for Marty. For Liz? I dunno, cowgirl hat? I purchased the Jimmi Hendrix Expirience and R.E.M.'s greatest hits today. Turns out you can save more with the McDonald's cupons than with an employee discount. Heh heh heh ;)


OLD COMMENTS
working at best buy sounds worse than when i worked at indigo. and man, that was hell.
jessica | 12.12.04 - 1:38 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I would imagine so, people who read books are smart. Indigo is a bookstore right?
lsob | 12.15.04 - 6:15 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah it is a bookstore, but the people who read books are also pretentious and they don't necessarily buy them.
jessica | 12.18.04 - 8:12 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for "smart", let's not go there... lol that's why i quit. reading books does not make a person smart.
jessica | 12.18.04 - 8:13 pm | #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate