Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A Series Of Events, Some Unfortunate, Some Fortunate.

Today was third installment of Final week hell. You know you have to much school work when classes begin to overlap. What do I mean by overlap? I mean you take advantage of lulls in conversation and note taking during Honors Government to work on French 4 or AP Chemistry assignments. Some students don't seem quite as preoccupied with school work as I do though. Someone discovered Halo (the demo) was downloaded to our school server (one of them) and spent most of class ignoring the teacher and fragging each other. Mr. Crockett was not to pleased with this. He responded by opening the fusebox at the front of the room and turning off the breakers. For thirty minutes we went one-room-schoolhouse-style. No artificial lights, no hum of computer fans. Just discussion and the dry erase board. I found it somewhat liberating and soothing.

In Chemistry we reviewed for the final which I have just learned will be comprehensive as opposed to covering just chapters 9 & 10. I could have sworn I heard him say yesterday that it would only be over the last two chapters. Guess that means even more study time for me. Hooray.

The band performed today, it went well except at the end when I broke a guitar string. Athen a (pretty TNA freshman) broke one first and I laughed at her. Then mine broke I guess like me, that thin little e string was under a lot of pressure. Either that or it was karma.

In 8th hour I we did our gift exchange. It was anonymous, and good thing to. The gift I gave was a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew and some canned cheese. Basically everything that was on the discount shelf at Walgreens when I went there for lunch. Hey, she said not to spend over $5, so I spent exactly $5. When I got to French I put a post-it note on both items with the guy's name on it. Most other cadeaus were catered to the person's interests and hobbies etc. I got two free movie passes and Twizlers. Someone apparently knows I like movies, unfortunately I've been holding off on actually going to see one because it's so much cheaper to rent them 6 months later. Mme Walsh teased me for my choice of wrapping paper (the post its) I guess she knew it was me because I always take a 2 liter bottle of Dew to class with me. I took and probably failed a pronoun quiz today. We also received info about what our French final would cover. I think if I study the conjugation of IR verbs I'll be okay for the test.

Jacqueline: "Canned cheese and Mountain Dew, what the HELL were you thinking. Those aren't Christmas presents."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate